First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Using POINT in a class.
For the following class: class CPoint: public tagPOINT { public: CPoint(LPARAM lParam) { x = GET_X_LPARAM(lParam); y = GET_Y_LPARAM(lParam); } }; is it safe to use it as follows: OnLButtonDown(&CPoint(lParam)); Thanks Nic ... 3 Jan 2010 00:51
"PORTING C" > Over including header declarations?
Hello, I am recently going through rearangment of code in my project using inclusion guards and including headers in headers for my .c files. I have one small concern about inclusion which appears now and then when I am re-arraging code in my program. Its about over including declarations which reside in a ... 3 Jan 2010 22:41
IntelliSense won't find some functions
Using VS 2005 C++ if I right click on a function name in the main code and select "Go To Definition" it will take me to the header file declaration instead of to the function in the cpp file. It behaves exactly as if I had clicked "Go To Declaration". This only happens with functions in two of my source files, ... 1 Jan 2010 06:32
'this' parameter in virtual function calls
Hi VC++ compiler hackers, I'd like to know how the compiler passes the 'this' parameter in virtual function calls. To illustrate: class Employee { public: Employee(const string& name); ~Employee(); // Accessor const string& GetName() const; // Increases the salary of this employee ... 6 Jan 2010 09:52
WaveForm API / dealing with many buffers
Hi, I am still stuck at programming with the waveForm API on windows. Actually, I managed to write some code to record the audio from the mic real time. Yet, I'd like to use more then one buffer to do it in order to avoid choppy recording. In a nutshell, I should pass the waveInPrepareHeader and waveInA... 31 Dec 2009 05:35
"PORTING C" > Non inclusion of header = no errors ?
Hello, Sorry for the abundance of questions that I am posting ! I don't understand why the program is still able to see a function prototype (called API_CreateWindow()) declared in a header when I am not including that header in the .c file which has the calling function of API_CreateWindow(). I am suppose... 28 Dec 2009 20:43
"PORTING C" > Not including a header file = no errors ????
Hello, Sorry for the abundance of questions lately ! I don't understand why the program is still able to see a function prototype (called API_CreateWindow()) declared in a header when I am not including that header in the .c file which has the calling function of API_CreateWindow(). I am supposed to get an... 28 Dec 2009 20:43
Derivable singleton implementation
I have a generic Singleton class. //Singleton.h template <class TYPE> class CSingleTon { protected: CSingleTon() {} virtual ~CSingleTon(){} public: static TYPE* Instance() { if( NULL == m_pInstance ) m_pInstance = new TYPE(); return m_pInstance; } static void Destroy() { d... 28 Dec 2009 12:58
An advice is solicited
Hi All, In my application i have a pop-up dialog which gets popped up from the system tray. This dialog gets popped up with the thumbnail sized screenshot and fades away after displaying it for 10 secs when the user presses 'Print Scrn' or any key set by the user. But when the user presses the 'Print Scrn' in qu... 28 Dec 2009 08:35
Deleting only folders
Hi all, I'm using Visual Studio .NET 2003. I have a folder with sub-folders and files. I would like to know if there is a way to only delete the empty folders. For example, I have C:\FolderA\FolderB // empty folder C:\FolderA\FolderC C:\FolderA\FolderD C:\FolderA\FileE C:\FolderA\FileF I only want t... 28 Dec 2009 10:46