First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Access violation after adding a member variable
Hi all, After I've assigned a variable to an edit control, the project can be compiled without error, but at execution an error occurs: Unhandled exception in prog.exe: 0xC0000005: Access Violation. The program stopped within the method InitInstance() in the code line: m_pMainWnd = &dlg; i.e. the program does no... 22 Feb 2010 16:27
Problem using unmanaged code in /clr application
I have a Windows Forms application, Visual C++ 2005, compiling it using /clr. I need to use the image-handling library CImg, which is packaged simply as a header file CImg.h that you include in your project. I added CImg.h to stdafx.h, inside #pragma unmanaged/managed preprocessor instructions. The code compil... 27 Feb 2010 05:35
draggable small dialog
Hi, I'd like my app to show a small dialog when the main windows is minimized. Now, I think that's not a big deal to cacth the message when the main window gets minimized. Also, this is how the small dialog should look like: IDD_MINIMIZE DIALOG 0, 0, 400, 10 STYLE DS_FIXEDSYS | WS_VISIBLE | WS_BORDER | ... 20 Feb 2010 18:01
Access violation does not call SIGSEGV handler
We have a routine with a local buffer that calls strcpy which overruns the end of the buffer. We know this is a problem we have to fix, but before we do, we're like to understand something. We have previously called signal() to set up a handler for SIGSEGV, but our handler is not getting called. Can anyone e... 20 Feb 2010 10:13
Template argument deduction
Let consider the following template function template <typename T> const T & f( const T &x, const T &y ) { std::cout << typeid( x ).name() << std::endl; std::cout << typeid( y ).name() << std::endl; return ( x ); } When I run this function using Borland C++ compiler adding the statements ch... 19 Feb 2010 09:53
fclose and CreateFile are very slow on some machines
Hi All, My application writes data in a file using fopen/fwrite/fclose and immediately after fclose I try to open the same file using. the windows CreateFile() function. In one of my machine all are very fast and the total process finishes in < 4 seconds. But on one machine fclose itself takes around 15 secon... 20 Feb 2010 09:07
Protected field in DOS
Hello, I recall that once I wrote a little program that could limit the number of characters the field could contain. I vaguely recall something that looks like "getnline();" But I couldn't find it from google and MSDN. Any reminder? Thanks Jack ... 18 Feb 2010 09:28
HWND to LPVOID
Hello In the VS 2005 I have been using, handles such as HWND and HISTANCE are defined with DECLARE_HANDLE (..) which concerns me because I have been casting these handles to LPVOID. Should I be concerned about this? Thanks in advance Nic ... 18 Feb 2010 02:53
requireAdministrator" in Manifest file
Hi, I use the XML sample shown in the section: "Building and Embedding a Manifest with Microsoft Visual Studio® 2005 for Windows XP and Windows Vista Applications" (from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb756929.aspx) to create a manifest file and use it in Additional Manifest Files in the Project Pr... 17 Feb 2010 23:35
How to make a Dialog resizable
Hi, I am dealing with dialog window created usign ResEdit as a resource editor. Now, I'd need to make a window resizable and to have all the child controls in it resize themselves according to the dialog size. Can iy actually be done? This is the code for the dialog: [code] // // Dialog resources ... 15 Feb 2010 21:10