From: o//annabee on
P? Wed, 15 Mar 2006 01:24:00 +0100, skrev randyhyde(a)earthlink.net
<randyhyde(a)earthlink.net>:

> o//annabee wrote:
>>
>> You wore seriously thinking yours wore faster, and said so, because you
>> made the mistake of beliving something you picked up somewhere, but the
>> tests, I did, and posted, using rdtsc show the RosAsm one to be faster.
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.lang.asm/msg/4a37545ee73f5bff?hl=nn&
>
> Poor silly 'bee. You don't even know how to measure cycles properly
> with rdtsc. Let me ask you a couple of questions:
>
> 1) where the code fragments aligned on the same boundaries?
> 2) did you execute an appropriate serializing operating before rdtsc?

> Of course, knowing you, you ran the programs several times, noticed
> that you got different results each time (because of interrupts and the
> like) and then picked the best numbers to make your point.
>
> Nice try, but no cigar.
> Cheers,
> Randy Hyde

:)))) Did you really think I would not try? This took me 30 seconds to
confirm.
They are close, but yours is always a bit slower. You claimed it was
faster.

Talk is cheap Master PDF.

[n: 10000]

TestProc:
Align 16
cpuid
rdtsc | push eax
Align 16
mov ecx 10000
xor eax eax
while ecx > 0
add eax ecx
dec ecx
End_While
rdtsc | pop ebx
sub eax ebx
int 3
;755F

Align 16
cpuid
rdtsc | push eax
Align 16

mov ecx D?n
xor eax eax
jecxz L0>
whlLoop:
add eax ecx
dec ecx
jnz whlLoop
L0:

rdtsc | pop ebx
sub eax ebx
int 3

;/75DD

From: o//annabee on
P? Wed, 15 Mar 2006 01:32:05 +0100, skrev randyhyde(a)earthlink.net
<randyhyde(a)earthlink.net>:

> o//annabee wrote:
>> P? Tue, 14 Mar 2006 17:22:22 +0100, skrev randyhyde(a)earthlink.net
>> <randyhyde(a)earthlink.net>:
>>
>> > MS is rather devious, you know?
>> > Cheers,
>> > Randy Hyde
>>
>> May I site you on this Master PDF ?
>
> You may *cite* me on this.
> I am a complete agnostic with respect to Microsoft. I am neither a
> cheerleader for them nor am I an anti-Microsoft Zealot. If you didn't
> have Microsoft to hate, there would be some other big company you would
> hate. You just need to hate something to make your life complete.
> Forgive me for not sharing your sentiment. Big companies (and
> especially big money) are always corrupted; see what happened to
> Google, for example.

So, I can "cite" you on saying that Microsoft and Google and all other big
companies are corrupt? I be damned. I never though I hear you say such a
thing.

> OTOH, I'm not going to hold those company's success against them. Just
> because I wish that I was rich and corrupted by the money doesn't mean
> I have to hate those who have made it big.

So you encourage corruption then? And wish for the day you become corrupt?

> But I also know, first-hand, what can happen when a big company with
> lots of money and lawyers comes after the little guy. The little guy
> loses. Period. End of story. And I suspect that will happen to ReactOS.

And you are in favor of this happening? Or you are sort of fine with it.
Neighter cold nor warm?

From: o//annabee on
P? Wed, 15 Mar 2006 01:45:11 +0100, skrev sevagK <kahlinor(a)yahoo.com>:

>> :) I am to tired at laughing.
>>

> Careful, you might bust a gut.
>
> Looks like you got the point though. With true ingtegration, one can
> capitalize on the works others have done and cut down their own
> development time. Not only that, but the people who do concentrate on
> single aspects of the system produce better tools then someone who
> tries to jam in everything on his own. Case in point: Rosasm... a
> jumble of components in various stages of completion, not a single
> component stands out above individual components coded by others.

???? I completly do not understand this paragraph. RosAsm is a creation
from several people. GUGA was a help to Ren? when Ren? wrote the
dissassembler. The new debugger is written by Ludvig, and the win docus
project is by Guga (Gustavo).

Yes, here is the list again :
( Anyway, this list seem to miss the BU_ASM maintainer )?

Main Maintainer: Betov (Ren? Tournois), France. email: < betov(a)free.fr >

Status Bar implementation: Pit (Peter Tuente), Germany

Keys Table Managements in the Sources Editor: Kenny (Ken Bentley),
California.

OpHelp.exe Manager: Kenny (Ken Bentley), California.

Mouse Wheel implementation: Scalp (nico nico), France.

FPU HLL Pre-Parser: Zama (Marcelo Zamateo), Argentina.

Win32 Doc Project Maintainer (Equates, Api, Structures): Guga (Gustavo),
Brazil.

Rewrite of the Assembler Parsers: EvilBro (Rikkert Vifferin), NederLand.

Rewrite of the Resources building, with Named IDs assumed: Diego Fraga

Equal Pre-Parser: Scarmatil, France.

Debugger Command Line: wkx (Ludwig H?hne), Germany.

Debugger Maintainer: wkx (Ludwig H?hne), Germany.

Form Wizard: Scarmatil, France.

Un-Used Symbols Box: Half a Wannabe, Norway.
( -With much help from Betov )

Okey, found the BU_ASM maintainer and people who helped:

Also, some other people help out a lot (A lot more than I did)

A Thousand thanks to Wayne J. Radburn who, at each new important
implementation, pointed out to me many problems and provided me with
solutions with the more difficult internals of Win32.

Thanks to Kenny for providing and animating the SpAsm Board, for his
continuous efforts and support, for having built OpHelp.exe, implemented
the new Keys input management in RosAsm Sources Editor, and so on...

Thanks to Eric Asbell for maintaining the new RosAsm Board.

Thanks to EvilBro (Rikkert Vifferin) for the complete rewrite and
re-organization of the RosAsm Assembler Parsers.

Ron Thomas: http://www.rbthomas.freeserve.co.uk/
Test Department: http://www.crahkob.com/td
Wayne J. Radburn: http://www.magma.ca/~wjr/
Jeremy Gordon: http://www.godevtool.com/index.html

Docs and Tutorials Contributors

Iczelion, Test Department, Brian Burns, Shawn Bullock, Bill Tiller, Larry
Hammick, Paul Carter, Michael Kunstelj , Lorenzo Micheletto, DeVilMan,
Zadkiel, Mike Schmit.

Many thanks to James F. Marinic, who did most of the B_U_Asm Proof-Reading.

Encoding collaborations with

The NASM developers group, Jeremy Gordon.

And, of course, thanks to all users, for bugs reports, wish lists and
patience, at testing an ''under development'' Assembler throughout the
past 5 years.

From: randyhyde@earthlink.net on

o//annabee wrote:

> >> May I site you on this Master PDF ?
> >
> > You may *cite* me on this.
> > I am a complete agnostic with respect to Microsoft. I am neither a
> > cheerleader for them nor am I an anti-Microsoft Zealot. If you didn't
> > have Microsoft to hate, there would be some other big company you would
> > hate. You just need to hate something to make your life complete.
> > Forgive me for not sharing your sentiment. Big companies (and
> > especially big money) are always corrupted; see what happened to
> > Google, for example.
>
> So, I can "cite" you on saying that Microsoft and Google and all other big
> companies are corrupt? I be damned. I never though I hear you say such a
> thing.

Then you haven't been listening all these years. My. What a surprise
that is.

> > OTOH, I'm not going to hold those company's success against them. Just
> > because I wish that I was rich and corrupted by the money doesn't mean
> > I have to hate those who have made it big.
>
> So you encourage corruption then? And wish for the day you become corrupt?

Yes, I do :-) *RICH* and corrupt :-)

> > But I also know, first-hand, what can happen when a big company with
> > lots of money and lawyers comes after the little guy. The little guy
> > loses. Period. End of story. And I suspect that will happen to ReactOS.
>
> And you are in favor of this happening? Or you are sort of fine with it.
> Neighter cold nor warm?

It's life. And the sooner you accept that, as I have, the happier you
will be.
Cheers,
Randy Hyde

From: o//annabee on
P? Wed, 15 Mar 2006 03:31:33 +0100, skrev randyhyde(a)earthlink.net
<randyhyde(a)earthlink.net>:

>> > You may *cite* me on this.
>> > I am a complete agnostic with respect to Microsoft. I am neither a
>> > cheerleader for them nor am I an anti-Microsoft Zealot. If you didn't
>> > have Microsoft to hate, there would be some other big company you
>> would
>> > hate. You just need to hate something to make your life complete.
>> > Forgive me for not sharing your sentiment. Big companies (and
>> > especially big money) are always corrupted; see what happened to
>> > Google, for example.
>>
>> So, I can "cite" you on saying that Microsoft and Google and all other
>> big
>> companies are corrupt? I be damned. I never though I hear you say such a
>> thing.
>
> Then you haven't been listening all these years. My. What a surprise
> that is.
>

>> > OTOH, I'm not going to hold those company's success against them. Just
>> > because I wish that I was rich and corrupted by the money doesn't mean
>> > I have to hate those who have made it big.
>>
>> So you encourage corruption then? And wish for the day you become
>> corrupt?
>
> Yes, I do :-) *RICH* and corrupt :-)
>

>> > But I also know, first-hand, what can happen when a big company with
>> > lots of money and lawyers comes after the little guy. The little guy
>> > loses. Period. End of story. And I suspect that will happen to
>> ReactOS.
>>
>> And you are in favor of this happening? Or you are sort of fine with it.
>> Neighter cold nor warm?
>
> It's life. And the sooner you accept that, as I have, the happier you
> will be.
> Cheers,
> Randy Hyde

Okey, I see. What religion was it that you subscribed to again?