From: Scott Chapin on

"Veli-Pekka Nousiainen" <DROP_vpn(a)dlc.fi> wrote in message
> Veli-Pekka has:
> HP-75C
> HP-71B * 2
> HP 50G
> HP 49g+
> HP 49G * 2 (one is overclocked to 5MHz)
> HP 48GII
> HP-48GX
> HP-48SX
> HP-28S * 2
> HP-41CX * 3 (all somewhat broken)
> HP-42S
> HP 33S
> HP-32S
> HP-18C
> HP 17BII+
> HP-16C
>
> Perhaps a few others, no Xpander :-(
>
> I could sell any of those to raise money because I'm between jobs
> Later I will regret (like selling my HP-15C)
> but that's another story
> AND
> I'm definately not a "standard" nerd...I just like gadgets

37E
34C
28C
48GX
49g+
50g

Threw my non functioning 41CV away.......stupid, stupid, stupid.

Scott Chapin

From: Bruce Horrocks on
John H Meyers quoted General Douglas MacArthur:

> "The utter destructiveness of war now blocks out this alternative.
> We have had our last chance.
> If we will not devise some greater and more equitable system,
> our Armageddon will be at our door."

Devise some greater and more equitable system than the American Way?
Heresy. This MacArthur bloke must be some kind of Communist.

;-)
--
Bruce Horrocks
Surrey
From: Joe Horn on
Currently own, all working great:

12cp
12cp 25th Anniversary Edition
16C
21S
25
30s
32SII (3rd version)
33s (both versions)
38G
39G
39g+
41CX (rev NFL)
48SX (rev A,B,C,D,E,J)
48S
48G (rev K)
48GX (rev R)
48g+
49G
49g+
65
71B
75C
97 (thanks to Gene Wright)
200LX (2x, 8MB)

Owned until they were stolen:

15C :-(
42S :-(
19BII
28S

Owned but gave away:

28C
41C

Owned but traded for other models: too many to remember. ;-)

-Joe-

From: GWB on

Veli-Pekka Nousiainen escreveu:

> Veli-Pekka has:
> HP-75C
> HP-71B * 2
> HP 50G
> HP 49g+
> HP 49G * 2 (one is overclocked to 5MHz)
> HP 48GII
> HP-48GX
> HP-48SX
> HP-28S * 2
> HP-41CX * 3 (all somewhat broken)
> HP-42S
> HP 33S
> HP-32S
> HP-18C
> HP 17BII+
> HP-16C
>
> Perhaps a few others, no Xpander :-(

Currently own:

1 HP-35 (because it was HP's first)
1 HP-11C (pristine)
1 HP-12C (because it's a Voyager; pristine)
1 HP-12CP 25th Ann. (loaded with my own trig program)
3 HP-15C (because it was MY first)
1 HP-28S (because it was fy first RPL)
1 HP-32SII (pristine, brown-bezel)
1 HP-33C (mint)
1 HP-33S
1 HP-34C
1 HP-41CX (because it was NOT my first; like-new; Advantage)
1 HP-42S
1 HP-48GX (the one that really helped me through
college)
1 HP-48S
1 HP-49G (because it was HP's last)
1 HP-50G (because it's KinHPo's latest; pretty acceptable 48GX
replacement)
1 HP-71B (mint, with Math module)
1 HP-200LX

Waiting:

1 32SII (?, brown-bezel)

Just given away:

1 HP-33C (good)

Just sold:

1 HP-17BII (pristine)

Formerly owned and and sold to help paying the next one:

1 HP-15C (near-mint; got back the very same unit twenty-
years later :-)
1 HP-28S (brought from Utah by a work colleague)
1 HP-32S (temporary downgrad; had sold the 28S to help
buying a used car :-)
1 HP-42S (temporary upgrade)
1 HP-48G (upgrade!)
1 HP-48GX (final upgrade one week later! - sold to
replace the current 48GX
because of a tiny scratch next to the
display)

Gerson.

From: arturo on
John H Meyers partial quote of Douglas MacArthur ;

> The utter destructiveness of war now blocks out this alternative.
> We have had our last chance.
> If we will not devise some greater and more equitable system,
> our Armageddon will be at our door.
>
> The problem basically is theological
> and involves a spiritual recrudescence,
> an improvement of human character

amazing insight in that it is from such a Military Man.
it seems in a sense he is saying that the warfare he played
a large part in is now "revolting" and he advises against it.
this insight is obvious to most and whether this recant serves his
soul is certainly not for me to determine.

i personally am against war in general but it all depends.
war was certainly the only way to stop Germany and Japan
back when it was obvious who the good and bad guys were.
if the "war of the worlds" aliens were attacking Earth i'd be
out there with my pea shooter- just the same as if i were Iraqui
and a country led by a bubble headed dufus was killing and
torturing my family and friends.

if i understand MacArthur correctly, it is the current
"utter destructiveness of war" (which to me means atomic,
chemical and bio weapons) that now makes war "revolting".
a caveman killed with a rock is no less dead than someone
at ground zero in an atomic blast.

weaponry has been increasing in effectiveness thruout history.
someone probably said something similar when gunpowder was
first used in warfare.

all i'm suspect of is the statement that the "utter destructiveness
of war now blocks out this alternative". what's with the "now" part?
it implies war was an ok alternative before we became so good at it.
is MacArthur really justifying his part in warefare but "now" it is
revolting? at the same time i'm greatful to MacArthur and all the
others
who fought the foes above- i'm glad i'm not blonde and blue eyed,
marching like a goose yelling "hile" anybody ( of course i don't mean
there is anything wrong with blonde and blue eyed- just the extermin-
ation to produce it).

i do see that, as MacArthur says, Armageddon is at our door and it
will
take a spiritual awakening to prevent war. given the increasing
momentum
of the world and the nature of mankind (myself very much included
there)
i have no doubt that Armageddon will not only take place but has
begun.

south Floridians have become a bit nasty over the years- in business,
traffic- just about everywhere. this nastiness is infectious spreading
those who weren't previously so inclined. everyone here noticed a big
but short-lived change 3 years ago when 2 hurricanes struck in 2
weeks.

i think it will be the same with war. after we are ALL thru the horror
of it
we will be cured of this defect. i'm not wishing this "cure" on the
world,
on my or other countries, on my family and friends- on myself and i'm
not a pessimist. i'm a realist and see that people usually make major
spiritual changes after trajic events- not before.

in the mean time- back to some programming, something i DO have
control over.

Arturo