From: "Dave "Mod Bod" Modisette" on
Glennbo wrote:
> In news:hk453d$473$1(a)news.eternal-september.org the killer robot kitekrazy
> <kitekrazy(a)kitekrazy.org> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
>> Of all of the forums I've been to, the Cakewalk forum has the worst fan
>> boys.
>
> I saw a thread there a while back where the original poster was told that
> their CPU was not up to snuff for Sonar. The guy had a brand new i7.

I just reply "turn off What You Hear" to everything. I'm right every
now and then. ;)

--
Dave "Mod Bod" Modisette

http://www.gatortraks.com/forum
http://www.gatortraks.com
From: Kraig Olmstead on
Part of it's just the fact that Sonar has a long history and it's
impossible to change the UI without upsetting existing users. To a
degree I'd be one of them. I've spent a lot of time learning to use
Sonar and To have to spend time relearning would be a pain.

I like a lot of what Sonar can do for me. I have stayed with it because
I have a lot of time and energy invested in it.

Since I seem to be back into this, I'll probably be trying Reaper out soon.

KO

From: Martin Holmes on
Glennbo wrote:

> Your sound card isn't recommended by Solar, and neither is the DOS64 you
> run on your computer! DOS is only avalibe as 64! Try rasing your bufer.

Your opinion is not recommended by Cakewalk. Also, some of your
equipment is not known to me personally, so you should replace it all.
From: Martin Holmes on
Dave "Mod Bod" Modisette wrote:

> I just reply "turn off What You Hear" to everything. I'm right every
> now and then. ;)

I followed your excellent advice. I walked around the house turning off
everything I could hear, and even crossed the road to turn off my
neighbour's lawn mower. However, Sonar still doesn't work. Possibly this
is because my wife is talking and I can still hear her. Could that be
it? I'm pretty sure my wife is not 64-bit.

From: John Braner on
On 01/02/2010 03:12, Martin Holmes wrote:
> Dave "Mod Bod" Modisette wrote:
>
>> I just reply "turn off What You Hear" to everything. I'm right every
>> now and then. ;)
>
> I followed your excellent advice. I walked around the house turning off
> everything I could hear, and even crossed the road to turn off my
> neighbour's lawn mower. However, Sonar still doesn't work. Possibly this
> is because my wife is talking and I can still hear her. Could that be
> it? I'm pretty sure my wife is not 64-bit.

Try using jbridge on her....

And get a new soundcard.

--
John Braner