From: polymod on

"kitekrazy" <kitekrazy(a)kitekrazy.org> wrote in message
> On 2/1/2010 10:40 AM, Ben Berman wrote:
> > Sue Morton wrote:
> >> But will a new soundcard work in the 64-bit system I don't have?
> >
> > Don't know if anyone's suggested this yet, but yes, it will, if you wipe
> > the drive, reformat in NTFS, and then reinstall using WinXP 8-)
> >
> > bzb
> >

> I still remember Ted telling everyone to go back to W98 when XP came
>out.

And I took that advice for a LONG time<g>

Poly

From: polymod on

"Ben Goldman" <BenGoldmanREMOVE(a)centurytel.net> wrote in message
> polymod wrote:
>

> > "kitekrazy" <kitekrazy(a)kitekrazy.org> wrote in message

> > > I still remember Ted telling everyone to go back to W98 when XP
> > > came out.
> >
> > And I took that advice for a LONG time<g>
> >
> > Poly
>
> Win98 is a great OS. You upgraded from it to XP shortly before I did.
> XP Pro kicks butt over 98.

Yes it do!

> I might like Vista more than XP. Haven't tried SONAR in Vista. Not
> really interested in that. It's working fine in XP Home so I'm not
> going to copulate with it. ;)

I'll be stuck with XP for another 20 years<g>
If it ain't broke, I ain't fixin' it!
:)
Poly

From: kitekrazy on
On 2/1/2010 8:37 PM, Glennbo wrote:
> In news:hk7kcl$a2r$1(a)news.eternal-september.org the killer robot
> kitekrazy<kitekrazy(a)kitekrazy.org> grabbed the controls of the
> spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

>>> J-Bridge works in Reaper too. Except you don't really need it, coz
>>> the native built-in bridge, writen by the DAW developer works. ;)
>>>

>> It sure does!!! Plugins like Reaper.
>
> So have you hit any VST/VSTi plugs that didn't work? I only played with
> Reaper 64 bit for a few days, so I didn't really get to test it out real
> thouroughly. Also what happens if you try to load up a DX/DXi? I'm
> guessing those blow chunks, and would have to be wrapped in a VST
> wrapper to work. Is that how it works, or has Justin done some voodoo
> magic to make DX based plugs work?

They all seem to work. The only DX plugs I have any more are with Sonar
or Sony. When I install plugins that offer DX and VST, I just install
them as VST.

Rewire seems to work in Reaper as well.

I have no idea what they do, but stuff just works.
From: kitekrazy on
On 2/2/2010 5:56 AM, polymod wrote:
> "kitekrazy"<kitekrazy(a)kitekrazy.org> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Don't know if anyone's suggested this yet, but yes, it will, if you wipe
>>> the drive, reformat in NTFS, and then reinstall using WinXP 8-)
>>>
>>> bzb
>>>

>> I still remember Ted telling everyone to go back to W98 when XP came
>> out.
>
> And I took that advice for a LONG time<g>
>
> Poly

I used W2K for quite some time. Still a good OS.
From: kitekrazy on
On 2/2/2010 10:52 AM, Glennbo wrote:
> The killer robot "polymod"<polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls of
> the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
>> If it ain't broke, I ain't fixin' it!
>
> Great philosophy!

I go against that when I install a new OS. Break it and see if I can fix
it. I did that with W7 many times.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: Free Mastering.