From: Chris Ridd on
On 2010-07-23 00:53:15 +0100, Jack Campin - bogus address said:

>> A while back I discovered that all the rock radio stations vanished
>> from the iTunes presets. I wonder if they're ever coming back?
>
> The whole "Folk" category has also vanished.
>
> How do you persude iTunes to play something it doesn't already
> know about? One I would like to get into its playlist is
> folkradio.hu - I can play its Windows Media Player or WinAmp
> streams in VLC, but not in iTunes.

Does Advanced > Open Audio Stream do what you want?

--
Chris

From: Andy Hewitt on
Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie(a)sometimes.sessile.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 00:29:04 +0100, thewildrover(a)me.com (Andy Hewitt)
> wrote:
>
> >Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie(a)sometimes.sessile.org> wrote:

> >> Mine has Alternative Rock, Classic Rock, Hard Rock/Metal here, and
> >> plenty of stations in each. I believe they're all updated live from
> >> Apple while you're browsing, so they're not really presets.
> >
> >Yup, I have all those too, loads of stations showing in each.
> >
> >The one thing that I found, or rather lost, is the Folk genre in the
> >store has gone. I was beginning to enjoy browsing that section until it
> >disappeared.
>
> Merged into "eclectic", as far as I can tell.

No, it's all over the place now, some is in 'vocal', others have gone
into 'singer/songwriter'.

> Why can't you search in the Radio grouping? Stupid misfeature.

Search for what?

--
Andy Hewitt
<http://web.me.com/andrewhewitt1/>
From: Mark on
On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 07:57:52 +0100, Andy Hewitt wrote
(in article <1jm2op7.k8pg7e1gg55l5N%thewildrover(a)me.com>):

> Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie(a)sometimes.sessile.org> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 00:29:04 +0100, thewildrover(a)me.com (Andy Hewitt)
>> wrote:

>>> Yup, I have all those too, loads of stations showing in each.
>>>
>>> The one thing that I found, or rather lost, is the Folk genre in the
>>> store has gone. I was beginning to enjoy browsing that section until it
>>> disappeared.
>>
>> Merged into "eclectic", as far as I can tell.
>
> No, it's all over the place now, some is in 'vocal', others have gone
> into 'singer/songwriter'.
>
>> Why can't you search in the Radio grouping? Stupid misfeature.
>
> Search for what?

A radio station? Several times I've searched for a method of searching there
for a station I wanted.

Mark

From: SM on
Jack Campin - bogus address <bogus(a)purr.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> > A while back I discovered that all the rock radio stations vanished
> > from the iTunes presets. I wonder if they're ever coming back?
>
> The whole "Folk" category has also vanished.
>
> How do you persude iTunes to play something it doesn't already
> know about? One I would like to get into its playlist is
> folkradio.hu - I can play its Windows Media Player or WinAmp
> streams in VLC, but not in iTunes.

Clicking on the WinAmp link on their homepage downloaded modem16.m3u -
double clicking that opened the stream in iTunes:

<http://www.folkradio.hu/modem16.m3u>

Stuart
--
cut that out to reply
From: J. J. Lodder on
Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie(a)sometimes.sessile.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 23:19:21 +0200, isteen(a)gmail.com (Steen) wrote:
>
> >A while back I discovered that all the rock radio stations vanished from
> >the iTunes presets. I wonder if they're ever coming back?
>
> Mine has Alternative Rock, Classic Rock, Hard Rock/Metal here, and
> plenty of stations in each. I believe they're all updated live from
> Apple while you're browsing, so they're not really presets.

Of course not.
Apple can't, and doesn't want to
channel all that volume.

These are just links,