From: Mark on
On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 07:53:20 +0100, Chris Ridd wrote
(in article <8assj0Fu0oU1(a)mid.individual.net>):

> On 2010-07-23 00:53:15 +0100, Jack Campin - bogus address said:
>

>>> A while back I discovered that all the rock radio stations vanished
>>> from the iTunes presets. I wonder if they're ever coming back?
>>
>> The whole "Folk" category has also vanished.
>>
>> How do you persude iTunes to play something it doesn't already
>> know about? One I would like to get into its playlist is
>> folkradio.hu - I can play its Windows Media Player or WinAmp
>> streams in VLC, but not in iTunes.
>
> Does Advanced > Open Audio Stream do what you want?

What Chris said - seems to support .mp3 .pls .m3u streams. These are then
added to "Music" (not "Radio").

There seem to be some (slightly dated) guidelines for getting stations
included in iTunes by Apple:

<http://bit.ly/a1i2ur>

Mark

From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 07:57:52 +0100, thewildrover(a)me.com (Andy Hewitt)
wrote:

>Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie(a)sometimes.sessile.org> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 00:29:04 +0100, thewildrover(a)me.com (Andy Hewitt)
>> wrote:

>> >Yup, I have all those too, loads of stations showing in each.
>> >
>> >The one thing that I found, or rather lost, is the Folk genre in the
>> >store has gone. I was beginning to enjoy browsing that section until it
>> >disappeared.
>>
>> Merged into "eclectic", as far as I can tell.
>
>No, it's all over the place now, some is in 'vocal', others have gone
>into 'singer/songwriter'.

Blargh.

>> Why can't you search in the Radio grouping? Stupid misfeature.
>
>Search for what?

"Folk" in the Comments field was what I was after when I wrote it.

You can at least make playlists of channels, which is functional if a
little bit conceptually broken.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"If we do not change the direction we are going, we are likely to
end up where we are headed." - anon
From: Andy Hewitt on
Mark <captain.black(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Why can't you search in the Radio grouping? Stupid misfeature.
> >
> > Search for what?
> >
> A radio station? Several times I've searched for a method of searching there
> for a station I wanted.

Is the list really that long that you need to do a search?

--
Andy Hewitt
<http://web.me.com/andrewhewitt1/>
From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 12:45:22 +0100, thewildrover(a)me.com (Andy Hewitt)
wrote:

>> > Search for what?
>> >
>> A radio station? Several times I've searched for a method of searching there
>> for a station I wanted.
>
>Is the list really that long that you need to do a search?

Yes, unless all one's radio needs are catered for by the
classifications that Apple handles. There are over 3500 stations in
there, even if you ignore the "Country" category.

Folk, as has been mentioned, is scattered around several groups, but
the word "folk" is usually mentioned in the comments field so that's
very much a case in point.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
L33t 5p3@|< 1s f0R R3t4rds
From: Mark on
On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 12:45:22 +0100, Andy Hewitt wrote
(in article <1jm31zr.hf39ue1a19fv5N%thewildrover(a)me.com>):

>>> Search for what?
>>>
>> A radio station? Several times I've searched for a method of searching there
>> for a station I wanted.
>
> Is the list really that long that you need to do a search?

Some are, and I've also found stations seem to change categories sometimes.

Mark

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: iOS4 mem leak?