From: Andy Hewitt on
Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie(a)sometimes.sessile.org> wrote:

> >Is the list really that long that you need to do a search?
>
> Yes, unless all one's radio needs are catered for by the
> classifications that Apple handles. There are over 3500 stations in
> there, even if you ignore the "Country" category.

Righto, I must admit I only took a cursory glance, I don't actually use
the iTunes radio much at al.

> Folk, as has been mentioned, is scattered around several groups, but
> the word "folk" is usually mentioned in the comments field so that's
> very much a case in point.

The folk I was mentioning is in the iTunes store, not the radio.

--
Andy Hewitt
<http://web.me.com/andrewhewitt1/>
From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 19:37:59 +0100, thewildrover(a)me.com (Andy Hewitt)
wrote:

>Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie(a)sometimes.sessile.org> wrote:
>
>> >Is the list really that long that you need to do a search?
>>
>> Yes, unless all one's radio needs are catered for by the
>> classifications that Apple handles. There are over 3500 stations in
>> there, even if you ignore the "Country" category.
>
>Righto, I must admit I only took a cursory glance, I don't actually use
>the iTunes radio much at al.

I'm sure last time I looked at it (maybe a couple of years ago) there
were only a few dozen stations, and no good ones. There's now blimmin'
loads, although a lot of them are way too low quality to listen to
(32kbit/s for classical??) - and there's no way to limit by that
either.

>> Folk, as has been mentioned, is scattered around several groups, but
>> the word "folk" is usually mentioned in the comments field so that's
>> very much a case in point.
>
>The folk I was mentioning is in the iTunes store, not the radio.

Oh! Sorry, my misread. But it's still a good example.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"A debugged program is one for which you have not yet found
the conditions that make it fail." - Jerry Ogdin
From: Rowland McDonnell on
Jack Campin - bogus address <bogus(a)purr.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> > A while back I discovered that all the rock radio stations vanished
> > from the iTunes presets. I wonder if they're ever coming back?
>
> The whole "Folk" category has also vanished.

[snip]

I'm waiting for the `Intelligent speech' category to appear.

Rowland.

--
Remove the animal for email address: rowland.mcdonnell(a)dog.physics.org
Sorry - the spam got to me