From: tripletask on
Imagine Obama contemplating the massive black furry gulch of Michelle.
From: BURT on
On Jul 31, 1:23 am, DougC <priga...(a)aol.com> wrote:
>  BURT wrote:
>
> > If light doesn't slow down in empty space it has no escape velocity
> > like matter. Outgoing light cannot be dragged backward into a black
> > hole. Gravity can never overcome light.
>
> Gravity bends light.  Easily observed.  Look up  "lensing."
>
> Light does not reflect when it hits a black hole. That's why it
> remains black and why it is called a hole.
>
> Doug Chandler

Light always overcomes gravity. Light never slows down like matter
does in gravity and can't be dragged backward.

Black holes violate laws. We are not seeing black holes.
What we are seeing is short of a black hole.

Mitch Raemsch
From: Autymn D. C. on
On Jul 31, 1:23 am, DougC <priga...(a)aol.com> wrote:
>  BURT wrote:
>
> > If light doesn't slow down in empty space it has no escape velocity
> > like matter. Outgoing light cannot be dragged backward into a black
> > hole. Gravity can never overcome light.
>
> Gravity bends light.  Easily observed.  Look up  "lensing."
>
> Light does not reflect when it hits a black hole. That's why it
> remains black and why it is called a hole.
>
> Doug Chandler

BURT is wriht here. BHs are fake: http://twitter.com/alysdexia. And
they couldn't be born in finite time...

-Aut
From: Sam Wormley on
On 8/2/10 3:24 AM, Autymn D. C. wrote:
> BURT is wriht here. BHs are fake:http://twitter.com/alysdexia. And
> they couldn't be born in finite time...
>
> -Aut

From who's perspective?

Physics FAQ: Are There Any Good Books on Relativity Theory?
http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Administrivia/rel_booklist.html

From: Mathal on
On Aug 2, 5:26 am, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/2/10 3:24 AM, Autymn D. C. wrote:
>
> > BURT is wriht here.  BHs are fake:http://twitter.com/alysdexia.  And
> > they couldn't be born in finite time...
>
> > -Aut
>
>    From who's perspective?
>
>    Physics FAQ: Are There Any Good Books on Relativity Theory?
>      http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Administrivia/rel_booklist.html

Time in different frames is slower or faster than in other frames.
In GR terms the Schwarzchild radius of any mass is like the speed of
light is to mass in SR terms.
The closer a mass gets to being inside it's Schwatzchild radius the
slower time operates relative to when the mass was smaller/or less
dense. Around this mass approaching it's Schwatzschild radius time
operates slower too, just not as slow. Yes, of course, the perception
in the frame is that everything is chugging along at the 'usual' pace,
but it isn't from any perspective far from the object . From outside
the event, the event hasn't occured yet, because it hasn't. If you
understood relativity you would understand that.
Mathal