From: BURT on
On Aug 2, 6:16 pm, "Ross A. Finlayson" <ross.finlay...(a)gmail.com>
wrote:
> [...]
> > > data is scattered on the other side of the point, basically about what
> > > internal organization the singularity maintains from its initial
> > > conditions, towards the effect that occurs from the classical to the
> > > horizon to the singularity.
>
> > > It should well be presumed that the content of black holes is highly
> > > organized yet as well most energetic.  That is to say, imagining how
> > > something could go in and come back out the same, it would have to be
> > > preserved toward a point singularity and then brought right back out,
> > > or go through the arbitrary transform which gets into how much
> > > information and power would be necessary to put stuff in, and later
> > > take it back out the same, bring stuff out, etcetera.
>
> > > Yeah you figure if it was a spatial point singularity it still has
> > > mass and momentum so it's still just a particle.  That is then about
> > > what the radius is, and then here the particle's event radius is
> > > bigger than its mass radius, so the effects that define this point and
> > > sphere and hypersphere help sort the possible dimensions of input,
> > > simply reducing the input definition to moments.
>
> > > So you're talking now time travel isn't inherently paradoxical but
> > > still it's anisotropic which is simple.
>
> > > If it exists in nature those are probably natural laws.
>
> > > As to whether crossing the event horizon of a singularity which well
> > > happens regularly (constant in anti-), most detectable singularity
> > > event horizons with the stationarity would be quite most dissociative
> > > to, general matter (disintegrative).
>
> > > Warm regards,
>
> > > Ross Finlayson- Hide quoted text -

> > There can be no time if time ended at the event horizon.
> > There would be infinite weight of energy at singulrity.
>
> > Mitch Raemsch
>
> Yeah but it's infinitely attenuated anywhere but the center, then
> there are still points with then there being generally the "immobile
> celestial spheres" that often describe conservation in parallel
> transport with simple conservation generally.
>
> There's some consideration about there being "no time" beyond the
> event horizon, in particularly organized regimes.
>
> The thing to figure out is from the first principles of the
> polydimensional real numbers the general polydimensional componentry
> of for example the simple space x time read-out, which of course would
> be approximative, with working towards more mathematics for path
> integrals.  (Recently I read an article abstract that there was a
> formulaic represenations and new formulaic representations for path
> integrals, here I am as well interested in some fundamental features
> of these approximative and integrative forms).
>
> Here that is where I would see a direction for research in why in
> according with general principles and other observed and deduced
> phenomena, effects, that for example the electron and photon
> diffraction on the plane about the sun is half or twice the expected
> value, compared to their measurements multi-axially.

There is no more proper time if time ends.

Mitch Raemsch
From: Mathal on
On Aug 2, 7:50 am, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/2/10 9:10 AM, Mathal wrote:

> >>     From who's perspective?
>
> >>     Physics FAQ: Are There Any Good Books on Relativity Theory?
> >>      http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Administrivia/rel_booklist.html
>
> >     Time in different frames is slower or faster than in other frames.
> > In GR terms the Schwarzchild radius of any mass is like the speed of
> > light is to mass in SR terms.
> >     The closer a mass gets to being inside it's Schwatzchild radius the
> > slower time operates relative to when the mass was smaller/or less
> > dense. Around this mass approaching it's Schwatzschild radius time
> > operates slower too, just not as slow. Yes, of course, the perception
> > in the frame is that everything is chugging along at the 'usual' pace,
> > but it isn't from any perspective far from the object . From outside
> > the event, the event hasn't occured yet, because it hasn't. If you
> > understood relativity you would understand that.
> >     Mathal
>
>    <smiling>
>
>    I don't think I would notice anything unusual (other than some
>    tidal forces) as I fell past the Schwarzschild radius of a
>    supermassive black hole.
>
>    My buddies might think it never happened, but their perspective
>    is different than mine.

As you approach the Schwarzschild radius of a supermassive black
hole you wouldn't notice anything different. I am certain that the
event of you crossing the Schwarzschild radius never happens in any
frame. I am also certain that you wouldn't be aware that it doesn't
happen in your supermassively slowed down time frame.

Mathal

From: Mathal on
On Aug 2, 9:07 am, Curious George <cgeorg...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 2, 10:10 am, Mathal <mathmusi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > >    From who's perspective?
>
> > >    Physics FAQ: Are There Any Good Books on Relativity Theory?
> > >      http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Administrivia/rel_booklist.html
>
> >    Time in different frames is slower or faster than in other frames.
> > In GR terms the Schwarzchild radius of any mass is like the speed of
> > light is to mass in SR terms.
> >    The closer a mass gets to being inside it's Schwatzchild radius the
> > slower time operates relative to when the mass was smaller/or less
> > dense. Around this mass approaching it's Schwatzschild radius time
> > operates slower too, just not as slow. Yes, of course, the perception
> > in the frame is that everything is chugging along at the 'usual' pace,
> > but it isn't from any perspective far from the object . From outside
> > the event, the event hasn't occured yet, because it hasn't. If you
> > understood relativity you would understand that.
> >    Mathal
>
> Forgive my naiveness: I am no physicist. But, is this (what Mathal
> wrote) not the same as saying that light would be traveling towards us
> at the speed of light for ever and never reach us, implying there
> would be infinite space between us and the black hole?  If no, and
> light cannot "escape" a certain gravitational force, then as the OP
> says in other words, light having started away from the black hole
> (BH), must slow down (for us observing in our "frame") upon reaching
> it, come to zero speed, and then accelerate towards the "center" of
> that gravitational force, which would imply (zero)X(infinity) > zero?
> On the other hand, if we are talking about light having to start off
> the BH, then what "pushes" it off initially, given that the BH has no
> spacial dimensionns (infinitely dense)so that nothing else can be
> residing on the "surface" or "interior" of it?
>
> 2)Also, and by the way (while I am at it): When physicists say the
> speed of light is 300,000 km/sec, in what "frame of reference" is the
> "sec" measured in? How would that "sec" have been different in another
> "frame"? How would we know of that other "frame"?
>
> C.G.

My initial response was not from the perspective that black holes are
achievable. My argument is that the time frame of such objects slows
down and continues to slow down to the degree that the black hole
never comes into existence. What does exist is a region of space where
time is operating at an incredibly slow pace- relative to our own. To
give you something closer to home to see my point consider the earth.
Time is operating at a slower pace at sea level than it is on the top
of Mr Everest. The difference is slight, but measureable. Time is
always measureably slower near a sufficiently large masses than it is
further away from massive objects.
Since I don't accept the reality of event horizons your fisrt
question is off the mark and would be better posed to someone who
believes they exist.
To your second point the speed of light is taken to be 300,000 km
per sec in the near perfect vacuum of space. Every point in the space/
time continuum of the universe is a different frame. Because the
difference in perspective is neglible over small distances of space
and time a "frame" is taken to be a small region of space and time
where those differences can be taken to be unmeasureable. The second
is different at sea level and Mt Everest. They are two different
"frames".

I hope that helps.
Mathal

From: Sam Wormley on
On 8/3/10 9:03 AM, Mathal wrote:

> As you approach the Schwarzschild radius of a supermassive black
> hole you wouldn't notice anything different. I am certain that the
> event of you crossing the Schwarzschild radius never happens in any
> frame.

Gosh, that would make it pretty difficult for black holes to
increase there masses. The observation on black hole masses
suggests otherwise.

From: Sam Wormley on
On 8/3/10 9:46 AM, Mathal wrote:
> My initial response was not from the perspective that black holes are
> achievable. My argument is that the time frame of such objects slows
> down and continues to slow down to the degree that the black hole
> never comes into existence.

I wonder what you call that monster lurking at the center of our
Milky Way galaxy--A would-be supermassive black hole?