From: Sam Wormley on
On 8/4/10 9:05 AM, Mathal wrote:
> The observer does not pass through the event horizon. There is no
> event horizon. If there were the observer would never get there and he
> would never be aware that he never got there in his proper time. If
> you understood the math you would see that that is necessarily true.

You are confusing black holes with singularities, perhaps?
There is lots of evidence for back holes. What's inside the
event horizon is another matter.

One thing for sure, Mathal, is that you need to understand
the relativistic measurements are observer dependent!

Physics FAQ: Are There Any Good Books on Relativity Theory?
http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Administrivia/rel_booklist.html

From: BURT on
On Aug 4, 7:23 am, Curious George <cgeorg...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 4, 12:09 am, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> > >    Frame where the observer is not moving with respect to the cesium
> > >    133 atoms, i.e., the laboratory. And from the principle of relativity
> > >    the laboratory can be anywhere in the universe.

> > Energy has a speed metric in the distance of absolute space. Matter
> > and light move with absolute motion through the unmarked space frame
> > with light at the limit.
>
> > They also move relative to each other. The closing velocity is the
> > real truth behind matter and enegy's motion in the universe.
>
> > Mitch Raemsch- Hide quoted text -

> Again, forgive my naiveness. I am just trying to understand the
> "logic" or common sense of these statements.
>
> By the way, I was watching a show on "Discovery". I think I had heard
> the presenter say that there are whole galaxies "speeding faster than
> light" away from us?  If that is true, how can one reconcile that with
> the principles of relativity?- Hide quoted text -

There is no evidence for space expanding faster than light.

Mitch Raemsch
From: Curious George on

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faster-than-light
From: BURT on
On Aug 4, 2:57 pm, Curious George <cgeorg...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 4, 4:15 pm, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Again, forgive my naiveness. I am just trying to understand the
> > > "logic" or common sense of these statements.
>
> > > By the way, I was watching a show on "Discovery". I think I had heard
> > > the presenter say that there are whole galaxies "speeding faster than
> > > light" away from us?  If that is true, how can one reconcile that with
> > > the principles of relativity?- Hide quoted text -

> > There is no evidence for space expanding faster than light.
>
> > Mitch Raemsch- Hide quoted text -

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faster-than-light- Hide quoted text -

If its faster than light we could never observe it.

From: Mathal on
On Aug 4, 10:50 am, Curious George <cgeorg...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 4, 10:47 am, Mathal <mathmusi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > If time = 0 "somewhere" and time "here" is positive and the two are
> > > proportional, is not that the same as saying something like:
> > > 0 = x/C = y > 0? (where C is some constant)
>
> >    In essence that is what I am saying. Zero in your equation is
> > unachievable. Black holes are unachievable. What does exist is a close
> > approximation to zero but it never gets there.

> > > Why does a clock being "slowed" automatically imply that time itself
> > > is slowed?
> > > If the clock on my room wall is broken, does that mean time has
> > > stopped in my room?
>
> > > Why can't it be just that the "hardware" of the clock is affected by
> > > gravity?
>
> >    It is the "hardware" of the universe that is affected by gravity
> > and relative velocity.

> > > Whatever mechanisms in the clock that allows us to tell the time it is
> > > indicating (In French we call the hands of clocks "needles").
>
> > > What I am asking is that even in an atomic clock the mechanisms that
> > > allow it to indicate time must be affected by gravity?

> > > How can "speed" have meaning without reference to time (by definition,
> > > speed = distance/time)?
>
> > > I agree: "Light travels at a different speed in each different
> > > medium."
> > > But is "medium" the same as "frame of reference"?
>
> > 'Frame  of reference' is the area in which a measurement is made.
> > 'Medium' is just a word that describes the ability of an object to
> > allow light to pass through it. Even a brick wall will allow low
> > frequency radio waves to pass through it.
>
> > Mathal- Hide quoted text -

> I am really curious about the answers to the quaetions I have asked.
> But you are just repeating/stating things and the "Science" you are
> using is beginning to look like faith-based system to me.
>
> C.G.

No. I do not rely on what 'science' tells me is true. Not all things
science 'believes' are true turn out to be true. I don't repeat what
I've heard. I think about, analyse and decide if it makes sense to me.
I don't ever give links to sites that put forward this or that
perspective. I give my perspective. That is all any truthful person
can do. I am not saying that I know the TRUTH, all I can offer are
conclusions I have come to and the reason's I have come to these
conclusions. It is up to you to come to your own conclusions about
science and everything else in life. I don't really care if anyone
else agrees or disagrees with me. What interests me most are
interesting points of view. Ones that have (from my perspective) some
hope of being real and not just zany flights of fancy.
It is interesting communicating with you.
Mathal