From: Curious George on
On Aug 3, 11:12 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/3/10 10:00 PM, Curious George wrote:
>
> > So, why is 300000 km/sec a constant then (since the "sec" is not)?
> > Or if it is, what is it constant relative to?
>
>    Look up the three definitions for speed of light, meter and second..
>      http://physics.nist.gov/cgi-bin/cuu/Value?c|search_for=speed+of+light
>      http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/meter.html
>      http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/second.html

Definition of "second" on one of the links:

"The second is the duration of 9 192 631 770 periods of the radiation
corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfine levels of
the ground state of the cesium 133 atom."

1) when it says "duration" in what "frame of reference" should this be
taken?
2) "celsium 133 atom" has mass. So would not any of it changes of
states/energy levels be subject to gravity? Especially around objects
whose masses are of astrnomical scales?

Thanks,

C.G.
From: Sam Wormley on
On 8/3/10 10:31 PM, Curious George wrote:
> On Aug 3, 11:12 pm, Sam Wormley<sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 8/3/10 10:00 PM, Curious George wrote:
>>
>>> So, why is 300000 km/sec a constant then (since the "sec" is not)?
>>> Or if it is, what is it constant relative to?
>>
>> Look up the three definitions for speed of light, meter and second.
>> http://physics.nist.gov/cgi-bin/cuu/Value?c|search_for=speed+of+light
>> http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/meter.html
>> http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/second.html
>
> Definition of "second" on one of the links:
>
> "The second is the duration of 9 192 631 770 periods of the radiation
> corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfine levels of
> the ground state of the cesium 133 atom."
>
> 1) when it says "duration" in what "frame of reference" should this be
> taken?

Frame where the observer is not moving with respect to the cesium
133 atoms, i.e., the laboratory. And from the principle of relativity
the laboratory can be anywhere in the universe.

From: BURT on
On Aug 3, 8:43 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/3/10 10:31 PM, Curious George wrote:

> >>     Look up the three definitions for speed of light, meter and second.
> >>      http://physics.nist.gov/cgi-bin/cuu/Value?c|search_for=speed+of+light
> >>      http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/meter.html
> >>      http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/second.html
>
> > Definition of "second" on one of the links:
>
> > "The second is the duration of 9 192 631 770 periods of the radiation
> > corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfine levels of
> > the ground state of the cesium 133 atom."
>
> > 1) when it says "duration" in what "frame of reference" should this be
> > taken?
>
>    Frame where the observer is not moving with respect to the cesium
>    133 atoms, i.e., the laboratory. And from the principle of relativity
>    the laboratory can be anywhere in the universe.
>

> > 2) "celsium 133 atom" has mass. So would not any of it changes of
> > states/energy levels be subject to gravity? Especially around objects
> > whose masses are of astrnomical scales?
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > C.G.- Hide quoted text -

Energy has a speed metric in the distance of absolute space. Matter
and light move with absolute motion through the unmarked space frame
with light at the limit.

They also move relative to each other. The closing velocity is the
real truth behind matter and enegy's motion in the universe.

Mitch Raemsch
From: Mathal on
On Aug 3, 7:52 am, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/3/10 9:03 AM, Mathal wrote:
>

> >     As you approach the Schwarzschild radius of a supermassive black
> > hole you wouldn't notice anything different. I am certain that the
> > event of you crossing the Schwarzschild radius never happens in any
> > frame.
>
>    Gosh, that would make it pretty difficult for black holes to
>    increase there masses. The observation on black hole masses
>    suggests otherwise.

You are starting with the assumption that that black holes exist.
You seem to be under the impression objects can pass through an event
horizon. At an 'event horizon' the rate of flow of time is zero.
Everything stops. This is impossible. You seem to be avoiding the
impossibility of black holes by pretending you can just pass through
an event horizon as if it isn't there.
Just outside the event horizon of the black hole time is flowing
infinitely slowly. I accept that galaxies have massive objects that
are operating at incredibly slow rates of speed. They are very very
very gray objects. Not black.

Mathal
From: Mathal on
On Aug 3, 7:54 am, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/3/10 9:46 AM, Mathal wrote:
>
> > My initial response was not from the perspective that black holes are
> > achievable. My argument is that the time frame of such objects slows
> > down and continues to slow down to the degree that the black hole
> > never comes into existence.
>
>    I wonder what you call that monster lurking at the center of our
>    Milky Way galaxy--A would-be supermassive black hole?

More like a wanna-be black hole.
Mathal