From: Proteus on
Wayne wrote:
> Where did you get the packages from? Are they PLF made for the version
> of your distro or did you get them from somewhere else?
>
> Wayne

Ditto. We need to know specific info to help you, or make sure we do not
mislead you. Please provide your Mandrake version (8.2, 9.1, etc.) and
platform (PC, Mac, etc).
From: Proteus on
Wayne wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 02:22:56 +0000, Paul Ingram wrote:
>
>>> Where did you get the packages from? Are they PLF made for the version
>>> of your distro or did you get them from somewhere else?
>>>
>>> Wayne
>>
>> Wayne,
>> I downloaded what I could from urpmi and what I couldnet get there I
>> usually go to the RPM Repository and look for a package that is made for
>> Mandrake.
>
> Everything you need is in PLF free and non-free.
>
> If your sources are set up for both repositories then you could have
> issued:
>
> urpmi libdvdcontrol9 libdvdcss2 libdvdnav4 libdvdread3
>
> from a terminal.
>
> That's all I do, plus DVDrip and a few other things (DVDAuthor, etc)
> and have no problem playing my DVD's with Xine, Totem or MPlayer.
>
> Wayne

I do not even needed to install libdvdcontrol9 libdvdcss2 libdvdnav4 or
libdvdread3; I just install Mandrake or Mandriva (of course choosing to
install xine, totem, mplayer video players, as well as just about
everything else) and then download and install libdvdcss (I use
libdvdcss2-1.2.8-1plf.i586.rpm which has worked for Mandrake 9.2, and
Mandriva LE2005).

I can play
From: Wayne on
On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 06:57:05 -0500, Proteus wrote:

>> That's all I do, plus DVDrip and a few other things (DVDAuthor, etc) and
>> have no problem playing my DVD's with Xine, Totem or MPlayer.
>>
>> Wayne
>
> I do not even needed to install libdvdcontrol9 libdvdcss2 libdvdnav4 or
> libdvdread3; I just install Mandrake or Mandriva (of course choosing to
> install xine, totem, mplayer video players, as well as just about
> everything else) and then download and install libdvdcss (I use
> libdvdcss2-1.2.8-1plf.i586.rpm which has worked for Mandrake 9.2, and
> Mandriva LE2005).
>
> I can play

It's been a while but I think some of the other libs were automatically
installed when I installed libdvdcss. There were some dependencies with
qdvdauthor, etc.

Wayne
--
Registered Linux user #375994
You can try sending mail to the address in the headers but it

From: WCB on
Paul Ingram wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 07:57:40 +0900, Wayne wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:29:53 +0000, Paul Ingram wrote:
>>
>>> I am getting soooo tired of these programs telling me that they can't
>>> read the DVD disc or that there is no MRL. Obviously to me when the lib
>>> packages were installed they are installing to the wrong place or these
>>> programs are not seeing them. I really don't want to do a fresh install
>>> here, but I really need help.
>>>
>>> The questions don't seem to generate a lot of response.
>>
>> Where did you get the packages from? Are they PLF made for the version
>> of your distro or did you get them from somewhere else?
>>
>> Wayne
>
> Wayne,
> I downloaded what I could from urpmi and what I couldnet get there I
> usually go to the RPM Repository and look for a package that is made for
> Mandrake.

From urpmi (Mandrake 10.1), libdvdcss, libdvdread-utils, libdvdnav4,
libdvdplay, all are available from urpmi sources.

Sometimes there are variations on names.

--

Xenu is around and about,
mention Hubbard, Xenu pops out!

Cheerful Charlie
From: Paul Ingram on
Proteus wrote:

> What version of Mandrake are you using, what platform? It should not be hard
> to play DVDs. You simply install Mandrake or Mandriva, then as root do an
> rpm install of the libdvdcss package. That is it. No install of libdvdread,
> libdvdnav needed.

I am using Mandriva 10.2LE
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6