From: Bilge on
TomGee:
>PD,
>
> didja ever learn anything in school?
>
>3rd grade Physics: Centrifugal force.

Once you advance to the 4th grade, centrifugal force will be exposed
as the convenient fiction that it is.

>Don't ask me to explain that to you. Go to class and ask your teacher.

I'm afraid we'd have to ask your teacher, but then the answer would
be that you'll have to wait till 4th grade before being exposed to
more advanced concepts.

From: TomGee on
Wormy, Bilge, PD, and all you other lemmings,

you cannot understand that it is the _measurement_ of the force which
is fictional and not the feeling of being pulled out as a carousel
spins. You cannot make the force disappear just by invalidating your
own measurements. You should not think that websites are the ultimate
authority on anything, either, as subjective opinion runs rampart all
through it. You will learn that, Bilgy, when if ever you get to the
fifth grade.

TomGee

From: TomGee on
David,
No one said em interaction _causes_ the electron to move around the
nucleus. The question was "What binds the electron to the atom"?
TomGee

From: TomGee on
No, Nick, I said no such thing. I responded to your question about
what binds the electron to the nucleus, not what makes it move.
TomGee

From: PD on

TomGee wrote:
> Wormy, Bilge, PD, and all you other lemmings,
>
> you cannot understand that it is the _measurement_ of the force which
> is fictional and not the feeling of being pulled out as a carousel
> spins.

Nope. You feel the force pulling you *in*, which is a force you are
unaccustomed to, and so you mistakenly associate that with a force
pulling you out. Your naive interpretations are what's tripping you up.

Let me ask you another question. As an elevator suddenly starts to
descend, you feel lighter. Are you in fact lighter? Why should Earth's
gravity pull on you less just because the floor of the elevator started
to go down?

Let me ask you another question. You are on a road making a circular
bend left in your car. What force acting on the car enables you to
change your straight-line motion? You hit an icy patch in the middle of
the turn. What happens to your car? Does it go *straight* or does it go
*outward*? What force has disappeared when you hit the icy patch?

> You cannot make the force disappear just by invalidating your
> own measurements. You should not think that websites are the
ultimate
> authority on anything, either, as subjective opinion runs rampart all
> through it.

Which is why I reference textbooks, Tom. Which you refuse to read.

> You will learn that, Bilgy, when if ever you get to the
> fifth grade.

You call us lemmings, Tom, but we're pointing out things that really
are basic, classical physics. If you want to uproot that, then
advertise that what you're doing is uprooting not only special
relativity, but also Newtonian physics, classical kinematics, and just
about everything else too. But if you don't want to claim that, then
learn a little physics so you know where the dividing line is.

PD