From: Rod Speed on
Meat Eaters are Sinners - Repent! wrote

No more than those who rip the sexual organs off plants and munch on them.

> Rod Speed wrote

>> There are plenty who cant grasp that defragging most modern systems is pointless.

> Do you play computer games at all?

Yes.

> I ask because I have seen people claim their load times for games has decreased after a defrag. What say you to that?

Bet they wouldnt be able to pick it in a double blind trial.

From: mscotgrove on
On Dec 12, 9:36 pm, "Rod Speed" <rod.speed....(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Meat Eaters are Sinners - Repent! wrote
>
> No more than those who rip the sexual organs off plants and munch on them..
>
> > Rod Speed wrote
> >> There are plenty who cant grasp that defragging most modern systems is pointless.
> > Do you play computer games at all?
>
> Yes.
>
> > I ask because I have seen people claim their load times for games has decreased after a defrag. What say you to that?
>
> Bet they wouldnt be able to pick it in a double blind trial.

Defragging has it's place. I tend to do it when ever I tidy my
office, ie every few months and not every week.

Michael
From: Rod Speed on
mscotgrove(a)aol.com wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed....(a)gmail.com> wrote
>> Meat Eaters are Sinners - Repent! wrote

>> No more than those who rip the sexual organs off plants and munch on them.

>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> Do you play computer games at all?

>> Yes.

>>> I ask because I have seen people claim their load times for
>>> games has decreased after a defrag. What say you to that?

>> Bet they wouldnt be able to pick it in a double blind trial.

> Defragging has it's place.

Nope, not with most modern systems anymore.

> I tend to do it when ever I tidy my office, ie every few months

I'm not stupid enough to tidy the office either.

> and not every week.

I'm not stupid enough to do it every few months either.

From: Don Lope de Aguirre on
"Rod Speed" <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Bet they wouldnt be able to pick it in a double blind trial.

The one person on the web forum said they actually measured the difference
before and after defrag so kind of hard to argue with that claim unless they
were lying.

From: Rod Speed on
Don Lope de Aguirre wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote

>> Bet they wouldnt be able to pick it in a double blind trial.

> The one person on the web forum said they actually measured the
> difference before and after defrag so kind of hard to argue with that
> claim unless they were lying.

Nope, the other fundamental question is whether the measured
difference is noticeable. If it isnt, its not worth worrying about.