From: Rod Speed on
Cronos wrote
> David Brown wrote

>> First off, everything is /never/ equal. Secondly, even if everything
>> else /were/ equal, who would notice or care? Unless you are in a car
>> race, a few percent longer or shorter on the journey is irrelevant.

>> I am not claiming that defragmenting has no effect - just that in the
>> great majority of cases, it has no /relevant/ or /noticeable/ effect.

> Then I take it you never upgrade your PC because it is always fast enough for you.

More fool you. That does produce a noticeable effect if you dont do it very often.

From: Rod Speed on
Cronos wrote
> David Brown wrote

>> I suppose you are implying that I am parroting from Rod's posts? I
>> /do/ happen to agree with him in this matter - he is not wrong /all/
>> the time.

> Anyone who spends all day posting in this forum

No one does that.

From: Rod Speed on
Cronos wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Cronos wrote:

>>> Just because your eyes don't visually detect the difference does not
>>> mean there is no difference. Can you visually tell the dif between a
>>> 2.4ghz cpu and a 2.6ghz cpu? No!

>> So there isnt any point in upgrading from one to the other, stupid.

> But there is a measurable difference so one is faster than the other,

And only a fool upgrades from one to the other, fuckwit.

From: Bilky White on
"Cronos" <cronos(a)sphere.invalid> wrote in message
> David Brown wrote:
>
>Rod Speed is always good for a chuckle or two.

No argument there!

From: Rod Speed on
Cronos wrote:
> Rod Speed wrote:
>
>> And only a fool upgrades from one to the other, fuckwit.
>
> That is besides the point I was making but I guess the point was way over your head.

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you never ever could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.