From: Jose on
On May 23, 7:11 pm, "Bob Lucas" <b...(a)nospam.com> wrote:
> "Jose" <jose_e...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > On May 23, 1:46 pm, "Bob Lucas" <b...(a)nospam.com> wrote:
> >> Jose likes to get his computer infected on purpose ... !
>
> >> Some people find pleasure in the strangest things !!
>
> >> It is difficult to supply current details of legitimate
> >> websites
> >> that might damage your computer, because responsible site
> >> owners
> >> will remove the infection, as soon as they become aware there
> >> might be a problem.
>
> >> However, you could try www dot demkowicz dot com.  (I have
> >> munged
> >> the URL to protect other readers, in case they click on the
> >> link
> >> accidentally.)
>
> >> You will find further details of the infection
> >> athttp://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?client...
>
> > I know places I can go to get infected on purpose (maybe my
> > question
> > was not quite right).
>
> > I need to find the infections that I just cannot fix that will
> > make
> > me:  lose important data (other than a loss from my own hand)
> > convince
> > me that the only resolution is to reformat and reinstall XP,
> > perform a
> > repair install of XP, conduct some parallel installation of XP
> > to fix
> > the original one, use a Restore Point, move my HDD to another
> > machine
> > or use some Linux PE CD to fix it.
>
> Masochist !
>
> Sorry, but I don't have that sort of information.

I do not think such infections exist that would require those kinds of
"drastic" actions, so I was hoping to come across one to work on.

I will look at the other sites and see if I can learn anything new.

Thanks for the links.
From: Twayne on
In news:htb65c$iib$1(a)news.eternal-september.org,
James Silverton <not.jim.silverton(a)verizon.net> typed:
> Peter wrote on Sun, 23 May 2010 00:47:21 -0400:
>
>> You have one of the worst Security suite (MacAfee Security
>> Suite) which along with Norton and Trend cause problems and
>> does not catch what is needed. Use the ones Jose posted.
>> They are 2 of the very best
>
> Thanks for the advice! Why do people dislike commercial
> Security Suites? I know Consumer Reports was not too fond
> of MacAfee but it caught and removed the virus last night.

Closed minds mostly, and the attitude that nothing ever changes. Norton is
one of the best on the market right now and very light in its footprint.

From: Unknown on
Norton one of the best on the market????????????? That's YOUR opinion, not
fact.

From: Bill in Co. on
Unknown wrote:
> Norton one of the best on the market????????????? That's YOUR opinion,
> not
> fact.
>
> "Twayne" <nobody(a)spamcop.net> wrote in message
>> In news:htb65c$iib$1(a)news.eternal-september.org,
>> James Silverton <not.jim.silverton(a)verizon.net> typed:

>>> Thanks for the advice! Why do people dislike commercial
>>> Security Suites? I know Consumer Reports was not too fond
>>> of MacAfee but it caught and removed the virus last night.
>>
>> Closed minds mostly..

Projection noted?
Actually, Norton was good in its heyday (the days of DOS), but that time has
long passed.

From: Unknown on
I'm not sure it was good even in its heyday.