From: Charles Shannon Hendrix on
["Followup-To:" header set to alt.folklore.computers.]

On 2005-05-06, Joe Pfeiffer <pfeiffer(a)cs.nmsu.edu> wrote:

> What airline do you fly that has large glass bottles?

I can cut a man's throat with a tiny bit of glass, and maybe something
to protect my own hand.

Paper can be folded until there is only a small edge which can readily
cut enough to cause fear.

A bottle can be wedged in a tight area and broken fairly easily.

Etch it a little with a pen or something else hard and you can even get
a fairly useful break position.

In fact, the way some of the small bottles are made, they readily break
near the mouth, making easily concealable and very sharp daggers with a
built-in handle (the main body of the bottle).

This is without getting into non-detectable weapons that a wealthy
attacker can afford and bring aboard.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["I want this Perl software checked for
viruses. Use Norton Antivirus." -- Charlie Kirkpatrick]