From: atec7 7 ""atec77" on
JBJ (4920) wrote:
> Hello, I know that this might enrage allot of linux fans, but have to ask
> anyway:) Which Linux version looks and feels most like windows so that the
> user wont really feel that much different using linux?
>
> I hope getting allot of response and some links and screenshoots:)
>
> Thanx in advance:)
The point is to find something intuitive without being winblows
I prefer mephis for the normal daily machine with some virtuals installed
From: JBJ (4920) on
"atec7 7" <""atec77\"@ hotmail.com"> skrev i meddelelsen
> JBJ (4920) wrote:
>> Hello, I know that this might enrage allot of linux fans, but have to
>> ask
>> anyway:) Which Linux version looks and feels most like windows so that
>> the
>> user wont really feel that much different using linux?
>>
>> I hope getting allot of response and some links and screenshoots:)
>>
>> Thanx in advance:)
> The point is to find something intuitive without being winblows
> I prefer mephis for the normal daily machine with some virtuals
> installed

Do you have a link?

--

Mvh / with kind regards

JBJ (4920)

From: J G Miller on
On Friday, July 2nd, 2010 at 18:40:54h +0200, JBJ \(4920\) asked:

> "atec7 7" <""atec77\"@ hotmail.com"> skrev i meddelelsen
>>
>> I prefer mephis for the normal daily machine with some virtuals
>> installed
>
> Do you have a link?

Do you have a web browser and access to a web search engine?

<http://www.mepis.ORG/>
From: JBJ (4920) on
"JBJ (4920)" <thunder(a)spoergmig.invalid> skrev i meddelelsen
> "atec7 7" <""atec77\"@ hotmail.com"> skrev i meddelelsen
>> JBJ (4920) wrote:
>>> Hello, I know that this might enrage allot of linux fans, but have to
>>> ask
>>> anyway:) Which Linux version looks and feels most like windows so that
>>> the
>>> user wont really feel that much different using linux?
>>>
>>> I hope getting allot of response and some links and screenshoots:)
>>>
>>> Thanx in advance:)
>> The point is to find something intuitive without being winblows
>> I prefer mephis for the normal daily machine with some virtuals
>> installed
>>

> Do you have a link?
>

> --
>
> Mvh / with kind regards
>
> JBJ (4920)

Never mind, I should just learn how to spell:) I found it and it looks like
the one I'm looking for:) Thanx:)

--

Mvh / with kind regards

JBJ (4920)

From: ray on
On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 18:18:38 +0200, JBJ \(4920\) wrote:

> "ray" <ray(a)zianet.com> skrev i meddelelsen
>> On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 17:54:59 +0200, JBJ \(4920\) wrote:
>>
>>> Hello, I know that this might enrage allot of linux fans, but have to
>>> ask anyway:) Which Linux version looks and feels most like windows so
>>> that the user wont really feel that much different using linux?
>>>
>>> I hope getting allot of response and some links and screenshoots:)
>>>
>>> Thanx in advance:)
>>
>> Enrage? No. But it's really a rather silly question. Several years ago
>> I installed Linux on the public access internet computers at the local
>> library. We started with Mandriva and KDE - later switched to Ubuntu
>> and KDE. All along, the patrons have had absolutely no problems
>> adapting. A customer satisfaction survey a while back indicated there
>> were several who were not even aware they were not using MS.
>>
>> IMHO, you greatly underestimate your potential users. They should have
>> no difficulty at all with any modern Linux distribution.
>>

> Hi Ray, I don't underestimate anyone, its simply put for a pc that will
> be used by people who never seen linux before. I myself, have tried
> Ubuntu, and others build on it + Red hat, mandriva and allot of others
> trying to get them to work on a Thinkpad I have. The only one that(of
> the ones I have tried) I feel is true userfriendly is Puppy linux Retro,
> but that is too complicated for those users and they like something that
> look, feels and act like Windows.

I understand your point, but I still think you're overestimating the
difficulty. My sister, who uses a computer as a TOOL (she always has IT
folk where she works do everything for her) sat down with my Ubuntu
laptop a couple of years ago and was able to do everything she needed
without any coaching. She's an intelligent person, but not very creative
- if she could cope, most anyone should be able to. It's not a huge
transition - a browser is still a browser and an application menu is
still an application menu - whether it says "start" or "applications".