From: JBJ (4920) on
Hello, I know that this might enrage allot of linux fans, but have to ask
anyway:) Which Linux version looks and feels most like windows so that the
user wont really feel that much different using linux?

I hope getting allot of response and some links and screenshoots:)

Thanx in advance:)
--

Mvh / with kind regards

JBJ (4920)
my own preference is Puppy retro

From: J G Miller on
On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 17:54:59 +0200, JBJ \(4920\) wrote:

> Which Linux version looks and feels most like windows so
> that the user wont really feel that much different using linux?

The one that you make to look like Windoze of course, probably
using qvwm as window manager.

<http://www.csg.is.titech.ac.JP/~kourai/qvwm/>

But first you should read this --

<http://linux.oneandoneis2.org/LNW.htm>
From: ray on
On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 17:54:59 +0200, JBJ \(4920\) wrote:

> Hello, I know that this might enrage allot of linux fans, but have to
> ask anyway:) Which Linux version looks and feels most like windows so
> that the user wont really feel that much different using linux?
>
> I hope getting allot of response and some links and screenshoots:)
>
> Thanx in advance:)

Enrage? No. But it's really a rather silly question. Several years ago I
installed Linux on the public access internet computers at the local
library. We started with Mandriva and KDE - later switched to Ubuntu and
KDE. All along, the patrons have had absolutely no problems adapting. A
customer satisfaction survey a while back indicated there were several
who were not even aware they were not using MS.

IMHO, you greatly underestimate your potential users. They should have no
difficulty at all with any modern Linux distribution.
From: JBJ (4920) on
"ray" <ray(a)zianet.com> skrev i meddelelsen
> On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 17:54:59 +0200, JBJ \(4920\) wrote:
>
>> Hello, I know that this might enrage allot of linux fans, but have to
>> ask anyway:) Which Linux version looks and feels most like windows so
>> that the user wont really feel that much different using linux?
>>
>> I hope getting allot of response and some links and screenshoots:)
>>
>> Thanx in advance:)
>
> Enrage? No. But it's really a rather silly question. Several years ago I
> installed Linux on the public access internet computers at the local
> library. We started with Mandriva and KDE - later switched to Ubuntu and
> KDE. All along, the patrons have had absolutely no problems adapting. A
> customer satisfaction survey a while back indicated there were several
> who were not even aware they were not using MS.
>
> IMHO, you greatly underestimate your potential users. They should have no
> difficulty at all with any modern Linux distribution.

Hi Ray, I don't underestimate anyone, its simply put for a pc that will be
used by people who never seen linux before. I myself, have tried Ubuntu,
and others build on it + Red hat, mandriva and allot of others trying to
get them to work on a Thinkpad I have. The only one that(of the ones I have
tried) I feel is true userfriendly is Puppy linux Retro, but that is too
complicated for those users and they like something that look, feels and
act like Windows.

--

Mvh / with kind regards

JBJ (4920)

From: J G Miller on
On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 18:18:38 +0200, JBJ \(4920\) wrote:

> but that is too complicated for those users and they like something that
> look, feels and act like Windows.

So if they are unable to adapt, they should stick to using Windoze.