From: Robert Coe on
On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 22:12:14 +0100, Bruce <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote:
: As I have said before, I would value a small sensor digital camera for
: some macro work on account of its greatly increased depth of field.
: There is also the value of having a camera that is small in size and
: light in weight and therefore relatively inconspicuous.

It occurs to me that the relative inconspicuity of P&S cameras took a
significant hit when they stopped putting proper viewfinders in them. At any
distance less than 200 yards it's a lot easier to spot someone holding a P&S
at arm's length than someone holding a DSLR up to his face. The guy with the
DSLR could be picking his nose or putting on his sunglasses, but there's no
mistaking the characteristic pose of the P&S photographer!

Bob
From: SMS on
On 09/07/10 6:49 PM, Robert Coe wrote:
> On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 22:12:14 +0100, Bruce<docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> : As I have said before, I would value a small sensor digital camera for
> : some macro work on account of its greatly increased depth of field.
> : There is also the value of having a camera that is small in size and
> : light in weight and therefore relatively inconspicuous.
>
> It occurs to me that the relative inconspicuity of P&S cameras took a
> significant hit when they stopped putting proper viewfinders in them. At any
> distance less than 200 yards it's a lot easier to spot someone holding a P&S
> at arm's length than someone holding a DSLR up to his face. The guy with the
> DSLR could be picking his nose or putting on his sunglasses, but there's no
> mistaking the characteristic pose of the P&S photographer!

Good point. All of my current P&S cameras have optical viewfinders
though not for inconspicuity, but because they're just so incredibly
useful especially in bright sunlight.
From: Outing Trolls is FUN! on
On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 21:49:25 -0400, Robert Coe <bob(a)1776.COM> wrote:

>On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 22:12:14 +0100, Bruce <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>: As I have said before, I would value a small sensor digital camera for
>: some macro work on account of its greatly increased depth of field.
>: There is also the value of having a camera that is small in size and
>: light in weight and therefore relatively inconspicuous.
>
>It occurs to me that the relative inconspicuity of P&S cameras took a
>significant hit when they stopped putting proper viewfinders in them. At any
>distance less than 200 yards it's a lot easier to spot someone holding a P&S
>at arm's length than someone holding a DSLR up to his face. The guy with the
>DSLR could be picking his nose or putting on his sunglasses, but there's no
>mistaking the characteristic pose of the P&S photographer!
>
>Bob

Except to an idiot like you who is not aware of all the makes and models
that employ an EVF.

Thanks again, for proving, without a doubt, how utterly stupid and pathetic
are those that choose and support DSLRs.

It seems to never fail that the most ignorant and stupid of the poplution
purchase DSLRs.

Is it any wonder?

Not to me.

From: Outing Trolls is FUN! on
On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 18:56:49 -0700, SMS <scharf.steven(a)geemail.com> wrote:

>On 09/07/10 6:49 PM, Robert Coe wrote:
>> On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 22:12:14 +0100, Bruce<docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> : As I have said before, I would value a small sensor digital camera for
>> : some macro work on account of its greatly increased depth of field.
>> : There is also the value of having a camera that is small in size and
>> : light in weight and therefore relatively inconspicuous.
>>
>> It occurs to me that the relative inconspicuity of P&S cameras took a
>> significant hit when they stopped putting proper viewfinders in them. At any
>> distance less than 200 yards it's a lot easier to spot someone holding a P&S
>> at arm's length than someone holding a DSLR up to his face. The guy with the
>> DSLR could be picking his nose or putting on his sunglasses, but there's no
>> mistaking the characteristic pose of the P&S photographer!
>
>Good point. All of my current P&S cameras have optical viewfinders
>though not for inconspicuity, but because they're just so incredibly
>useful especially in bright sunlight.

If only that were true. We've already PROVED, without even one shadow of a
doubt, that you don't even own ONE camera, of ANY design.

From: Robert Coe on
On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 15:19:29 -0400, "Neil Harrington" <nobody(a)homehere.net>
wrote:
:
: "Bruce" <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
: news:t8c8361e99j167jvk3hvm7kcupg0vkof0l(a)4ax.com...
:
: > (no doubt the resident anti-DSLR troll will be along in a minute with
: > his usual anti-DSLR rant!)
:
: Yep, there he is, right on cue.

The one thing you can say for him is that he isn't lazy.

Bob