From: nospam on
In article <MPG.25f6355616ffd29c98c246(a)news.supernews.com>, Alfred
Molon <alfred_molon(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> > I would actually be interested to see if the Foveon can beat the 8Mpixel
> > clasic Bayer CCD.
>
> Quite unlikely with just 4.6MP.

since it can't beat 8 mp, it certainly can't beat 12-15 mp, nevermind
21-24 mp.
From: nospam on
In article <MPG.25f6345cbba18d1698c244(a)news.supernews.com>, Alfred
Molon <alfred_molon(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> These resolution tests are rather meaningless, because they were
> performed with black and white test targets.

as mentioned numerous times before, that's what matters to human vision.

ask your eye doctor why the eye charts are b/w.
From: David J Taylor on
"Alfred Molon" <alfred_molon(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
[]
> Did you even read what I wrote? Your reply has no connection at all with
> my post.
> --
>
> Alfred Molon

Yes, and I thought what you said was incorrect. A full-colour sensor with
the same number of pixels as a Bayer sensor will have a greater
resolution, and therefore place /more/ demands on the lenses. The Bayer
sensor should have a low-pass filter with a lower cut-off frequency.

Cheers,
David

From: David J Taylor on
"Bruce" <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
[]
> David likes the sound of his own voice. He purports to have some
> detailed high level knowledge of the workings of digital sensors.
>
> However, his only relevant experience was gained using a low-end Nikon
> DSLR and a consumer grade zoom lens. As a result, his signal/noise
> ratio is very low indeed, approximating to that of an average wasp.

Lost the argument again, if all you can produce are personal attacks, and
that you can afford better equipment than I can.

David

From: Bruce on
On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 20:49:07 -0000, "David J Taylor"
<david-taylor(a)blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
>"Bruce" <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>[]
>> David likes the sound of his own voice. He purports to have some
>> detailed high level knowledge of the workings of digital sensors.
>>
>> However, his only relevant experience was gained using a low-end Nikon
>> DSLR and a consumer grade zoom lens. As a result, his signal/noise
>> ratio is very low indeed, approximating to that of an average wasp.
>
>Lost the argument again, if all you can produce are personal attacks, and
>that you can afford better equipment than I can.

I need better equipment than you. This is my job, not my hobby.

Sorry if that upsets you.