From: David Kaye on
"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <a.nony.mous(a)example.invalid> wrote:

>...yet you believe that a Linux/Apache web host allowing a web site to
>serve a Windows-infecting PDF file is a Linux problem.

Yes, because a web server should not be sending out malware. Why don't you
use your real name? Are you afraid of something?

From: David Kaye on
"Buffalo" <Eric(a)nada.com.invalid> wrote:

>So any ideas why Winpatrol is acting up on your computer and not many others
>(AFAIK)?

I'm assuming that it's using some kind of shortcut to put focus on various
programs and processes that it doesn't like. I'm not sure why such a program
would do something like this when the movement is going toward heuristic scans
not activation of programs.

>What is your OS and what program are you running that WinPatrol seems to be
>conflicting with?

I already said this earlier in the thread.

From: David Kaye on
FredW <fredw(a)blackholespam.net> wrote:

>So because you have a "programming background" you are able to judge a
>program you do not know?

Yes. I worked for 7 years fulltime as a programmer specializing in the
Windows platform and was chief software architect of a suite of programs that
are critical to the lives of thousands of organ transplant patients. The
software I wrote (or versions derived from it) is in use worldwide now.

From: Beauregard T. Shagnasty on
David Kaye wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> ...yet you believe that a Linux/Apache web host allowing a web site
>> to serve a Windows-infecting PDF file is a Linux problem.

Ref to above:
<http://groups.google.com/group/alt.comp.virus/browse_thread/thread/16851829169bd81c/f30fba3d59c29af3?q=author:David+author:Kaye#f30fba3d59c29af3>
and here as well:

> Yes, because a web server should not be sending out malware.

In all your infinite wisdom, you don't seem to realize that Linux is not
a web server. It's an operating system. The web server you are referring
to is most likely Apache. That is not Linux.

Just because you got your computer infected with that tainted PDF file,
you have to take it out on something, right?

> Why don't you use your real name? Are you afraid of something?

It is my real name, and I'm not afraid. Why haven't you asked Buffalo or
Cronos or thang ornithorhynchus what their real names are? I agree with
FredW: you have an attitude.

--
-bts
From: Buffalo on

David Kaye wrote:
> "Buffalo" <Eric(a)nada.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>> So any ideas why Winpatrol is acting up on your computer and not
>> many others (AFAIK)?
>
> I'm assuming that it's using some kind of shortcut to put focus on
> various programs and processes that it doesn't like. I'm not sure
> why such a program would do something like this when the movement is
> going toward heuristic scans not activation of programs.

Good thought.

>> What is your OS and what program are you running that WinPatrol
>> seems to be conflicting with?
>
> I already said this earlier in the thread.

Whoops, yes you did. Sorry I missed it.
Thanks for your thoughts on what might be happening.
Buffalo
PS: I actually went through all (I thought) your posts in this thread and
still missed it the first time. I see now that it was "XP Pro
SP3".