From: Cronos on
Buffalo wrote:

> Thanks for the update.
> It does seem that WinPatrol is conflicting with another program on your
> computer. I run Win2000Pro SP4 and so far, so good.
> I use SpywareBlaster, Script Sentry,Free Avira, Free MBAM and the paid
> version of SuperAntiSpyware (running in realtime) for protection, besides
> WinPatrolPlus, and so far, so good,
> Buffalo
> Buffalo
> Buffalo

I run Avira in real time, Defender in real time, Malwarebytes manaually,
Spywareblaster, and use Microsoft's firewall and so far, so good too.
Only dif is that all mine is free and I get nagged far less.
From: Cronos on
Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> In all your infinite wisdom, you don't seem to realize that Linux is not
> a web server. It's an operating system. The web server you are referring
> to is most likely Apache. That is not Linux.

X, which is what most people use on Linux is a server.
From: Beauregard T. Shagnasty on
Cronos wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote to David Kaye:
>> In all your infinite wisdom, you don't seem to realize that Linux is
>> not a web server. It's an operating system. The web server you are
>> referring to is most likely Apache. That is not Linux.
>
> X, which is what most people use on Linux is a server.

My experience is that most Linux web hosting servers use Apache. It's
very popular. X is a windowing system, not a web host.

--
-bts
From: Cronos on
Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> My experience is that most Linux web hosting servers use Apache. It's
> very popular. X is a windowing system, not a web host.

It's an internal server running on a clone of the Unix OS kernel. That's
what Linux is and what X is, X is a server and not a GUI OS. Following
me now?
From: Beauregard T. Shagnasty on
Cronos wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> My experience is that most Linux web hosting servers use Apache. It's
>> very popular. X is a windowing system, not a web host.
>
> It's an internal server running on a clone of the Unix OS kernel.
> That's what Linux is and what X is, X is a server and not a GUI OS.
> Following me now?

Sure. But the web server is still Apache.

--
-bts