From: ANONYMOUS on
Peter,

You can use an upgrade version of Win7 to do a clean install EVEN IF YOU
DON'T HAVE ANY QUALIFYING PRODUCTS LIKE XP OR VISTA. M$ is desperate to
have your money any how!. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY BUYING THE FULL VERSION.

From: Mr doe on
Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 09:49:12 -0700, "peter"<peter(a)nowhere.net> wrote:
>
>> wrong..
>> you can upgrade XP to W7 its just a clean install.
>

> You use those terms very differently from the way most people do. A
> clean installation is not a kind of upgrade, it's the opposite of an
> upgrade. You can *change* from XP to Windrows 7, but you can't upgrade
> to it.

Stay with Xp...

I installed win 7 and am going to Put the Win 7 DVD thru the Cd
shreader, Just as I did with The Vista DVD . And Get My Trusty Win Xp
DVD out and install it .
T otell the truth, VISTA gave me less problems Then Win 7 is doing
today .
From: Buffalo on

Mr doe wrote:
> Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
>> On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 09:49:12 -0700, "peter"<peter(a)nowhere.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> wrong..
>>> you can upgrade XP to W7 its just a clean install.
>>

>> You use those terms very differently from the way most people do. A
>> clean installation is not a kind of upgrade, it's the opposite of an
>> upgrade. You can *change* from XP to Windrows 7, but you can't
>> upgrade to it.
>>
> Stay with Xp...
>
> I installed win 7 and am going to Put the Win 7 DVD thru the Cd
> shreader, Just as I did with The Vista DVD . And Get My Trusty Win Xp
> DVD out and install it .
> T otell the truth, VISTA gave me less problems Then Win 7 is doing
> today .

Are you sure it isn't operator failure?
Happy Thanksgiving,
Buffalo
PS: Loved your explanation of what the problems were. :)

From: Roy Smith on
On 11/25/2009 9:43 PM, Mr doe wrote:
> Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
>> On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 09:49:12 -0700, "peter"<peter(a)nowhere.net> wrote:
>>
>>> wrong..
>>> you can upgrade XP to W7 its just a clean install.
>>

>> You use those terms very differently from the way most people do. A
>> clean installation is not a kind of upgrade, it's the opposite of an
>> upgrade. You can *change* from XP to Windrows 7, but you can't upgrade
>> to it.
>>
> Stay with Xp...
>
> I installed win 7 and am going to Put the Win 7 DVD thru the Cd
> shreader, Just as I did with The Vista DVD . And Get My Trusty Win Xp
> DVD out and install it .
> T otell the truth, VISTA gave me less problems Then Win 7 is doing
> today .

Hell don't do that, send it to me instead! I'd love to have WIn7, email
me for my address.... :-)

--

Roy Smith
Windows XP Pro SP3

From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 22:43:14 -0500, Mr doe <Mrdoe(a)blowfish.net> wrote:

> Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
> > On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 09:49:12 -0700, "peter"<peter(a)nowhere.net> wrote:
> >
> >> wrong..
> >> you can upgrade XP to W7 its just a clean install.
> >

> > You use those terms very differently from the way most people do. A
> > clean installation is not a kind of upgrade, it's the opposite of an
> > upgrade. You can *change* from XP to Windrows 7, but you can't upgrade
> > to it.
> >
> Stay with Xp...

I? Based on the two sentences I wrote above? Please be careful that
you reply that the correct post, not just any old one in the thread.

> I installed win 7 and am going to Put the Win 7 DVD thru the Cd
> shreader, Just as I did with The Vista DVD . And Get My Trusty Win Xp
> DVD out and install it .
> T otell the truth, VISTA gave me less problems Then Win 7 is doing
> today .

Your choice entirely, of course, but your view is *very* different
from mine. Not counting the server, I have four computers here, each
running a different version of Windows. One runs XP Home, one Vista
Home Premium, one Vista Ultimate, and one Windows7 Ultimate. I liked
XP fine, Vista better, and Windows 7 the best of all. I have had *no*
problems at all with any of these.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup