From: Cliff on
On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 08:33:46 -0400, "Existential Angst"
<UNfitcat(a)UNoptonline.net> wrote:

>"jim" <"sjedgingN0Sp"@m(a)mwt,net> wrote in message
>>

>> Cross-Slide wrote:

>>> The real truth is more accurately described as a wino constantly
>>> wanders into a restaurant and pisses into the salad bar.
>>> After a while the patrons will rise up and try to drive the idiot out
>>> of the restaurant.
>>
>> That is pretty much correct - except that there is no restaurant, no
>> wino, no salad bar, no pissing. What really exists is just a small
>> number of fools hallucinating that their salad is getting pissed on.
>
>Criticizing someone for reacting to jb is like criticizing a parent for
>slapping their brat.
>
>jb is simply an aesthetic violation, and ergo offensive.
>People react. Some over-react. No biggie.
>
>Think of it, tho:
> Someone who can't manually contour or use a spreadsheet proclaims

Or even properly use simple features in MasterCAM (after claiming
to use it for two YEARS) TO DRILL HOLES !!!

--
Cliff
From: Cliff on
On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 15:35:53 +0000 (UTC), Black Dragon <bd(a)nomail.invalid>
wrote:

>Joe788 wrote:
>
>> call anybodies internet service provider and threaten a lawsuit?
>
>Are you implying someone did that?

Are you hard of reading?
--
Cliff
From: Cliff on
On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 15:55:09 +0000 (UTC), Black Dragon <bd(a)nomail.invalid>
wrote:

>Methinks it's time to make myself available for employment once again.

There is an entry-level but really easy job available
in San Diego I'd guess.
Can you drill holes using MasterCAM?
--
Cliff
From: Gunner Asch on
On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 23:00:30 -0400, "Existential Angst"
<UNfitcat(a)UNoptonline.net> wrote:

>"Gunner Asch" <gunnerasch(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 22:13:48 -0400, "Existential Angst"
>> <UNfitcat(a)UNoptonline.net> wrote:
>>
>>>"Joe788" <larryrozer(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>>Nothing against jeff beck per se, but watching rock'n'rollers recruit
>>>claissical musicians/orchestras for their I-IV-V chord extravaganzas
>>>(think
>>>Grand Funk Railroad) is like taking Mona Lisa's, Systine Chapels, and
>>>Picasso's, and using them for table mats in a fast food restaurant.
>>>
>>>In a word, musical hubris...... goodgawd.....
>>>
>>>This applies to the Beatles, as well.
>>>
>>>If you want a musical thrill AND education, listen to Jacques Loussier
>>>doing Vivaldi's Seasons.
>>>Every person with a kid in music class/school/studying an instrument
>>>should
>>>get this CD.
>>>
>>>Loussier's Play Bach series was, of course, legendary, but a bit more
>>>esoteric. The Vivaldi thing is more "understandable", surprisingly true
>>>the original.
>>>Vivaldi:
>>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3H-eybKbi4 starts at 0:30; not crazy
>>>about the bossa nova improv, but OK
>>>
>>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-wQKNBvfpM Winter -- starts slow, but
>>>hang
>>>in there.... 01:20 will knock you out.... catch the bass.... Note the
>>>stunningly low 1,274 hits.... compare to the Jonas Bros... a true
>>>commentary on our effingly useless bankrupt culture.
>>>
>>>You can find a bunch of his Play Bach series, as well.
>>>
>>>This is all, of course, waaaay of jb's head, but then so are spreadsheets
>>>and manual contouring, and, or course, mastercam.
>>

>> What..you didnt like the music links I posted?
>
>Ackshooly, I did! Some of that celtic stuff is really niced stuff.
>BUTT....
>I sort of bristle at the las vegas-type mega productions they turn all this
>into -- Reminds me of the Yanni mega-productions -- which I think turns
>effing music into a methamphetamine injection, which I don't think was god's
>original intent for music, but then we (the cultural "we") tend to megafy
>everygoddammthing.
>
>At this point, about all's I can handle is one instrument at a time.....
>cain't take the effing drama anymore.
-

Thats why you download the various songs...there are freebies that allow
you to record all those songs so you can store them on your puter..and
simply enjoy them <G>.....and not worry about the bullshit that went on
behind the scenes.

<G>

Ive got about 17 gigs of music on my main computer drive and about
double that on the backup drive that everyone in the house shares.

I pick and choose, put into a play list and depending on my mood...play
a shitload of hours of whatever Im into at the moment. I have the same
on an old laptop out in the shop..so Im never without music.

<VBG>

Gunner

From: Cliff on
On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 13:29:04 -0400, "Existential Angst"
<UNfitcat(a)UNoptonline.net> wrote:

>Altho, I think UseNet and all this online chat stuff has ushered in a new
>kind of split personality syndrome, where people's online behavior often
>appears quite different from their real-life social interactions.

He's much nicer online I gather.
Plus he can use his spelling checker & copy ads ....
But he still cannot drill holes <snicker>.

Truck driver.
--
Cliff
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last