From: Joe788 on
Emotion And Commotion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwNx-SG_vr8&feature=related
From: Existential Angst on
"Joe788" <larryrozer(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Emotion And Commotion
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwNx-SG_vr8&feature=related

Nothing against jeff beck per se, but watching rock'n'rollers recruit
claissical musicians/orchestras for their I-IV-V chord extravaganzas (think
Grand Funk Railroad) is like taking Mona Lisa's, Systine Chapels, and
Picasso's, and using them for table mats in a fast food restaurant.

In a word, musical hubris...... goodgawd.....

This applies to the Beatles, as well.

If you want a musical thrill AND education, listen to Jacques Loussier
doing Vivaldi's Seasons.
Every person with a kid in music class/school/studying an instrument should
get this CD.

Loussier's Play Bach series was, of course, legendary, but a bit more
esoteric. The Vivaldi thing is more "understandable", surprisingly true to
the original.
Vivaldi:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3H-eybKbi4 starts at 0:30; not crazy
about the bossa nova improv, but OK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-wQKNBvfpM Winter -- starts slow, but hang
in there.... 01:20 will knock you out.... catch the bass.... Note the
stunningly low 1,274 hits.... compare to the Jonas Bros... a true
commentary on our effingly useless bankrupt culture.

You can find a bunch of his Play Bach series, as well.

This is all, of course, waaaay of jb's head, but then so are spreadsheets
and manual contouring, and, or course, mastercam.
--
EA

From: Gunner Asch on
On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 22:13:48 -0400, "Existential Angst"
<UNfitcat(a)UNoptonline.net> wrote:

>"Joe788" <larryrozer(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Emotion And Commotion
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwNx-SG_vr8&feature=related
>

>Nothing against jeff beck per se, but watching rock'n'rollers recruit
>claissical musicians/orchestras for their I-IV-V chord extravaganzas (think
>Grand Funk Railroad) is like taking Mona Lisa's, Systine Chapels, and
>Picasso's, and using them for table mats in a fast food restaurant.
>
>In a word, musical hubris...... goodgawd.....
>
>This applies to the Beatles, as well.
>
>If you want a musical thrill AND education, listen to Jacques Loussier
>doing Vivaldi's Seasons.
>Every person with a kid in music class/school/studying an instrument should
>get this CD.
>
>Loussier's Play Bach series was, of course, legendary, but a bit more
>esoteric. The Vivaldi thing is more "understandable", surprisingly true to
>the original.
>Vivaldi:
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3H-eybKbi4 starts at 0:30; not crazy
>about the bossa nova improv, but OK
>
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-wQKNBvfpM Winter -- starts slow, but hang
>in there.... 01:20 will knock you out.... catch the bass.... Note the
>stunningly low 1,274 hits.... compare to the Jonas Bros... a true
>commentary on our effingly useless bankrupt culture.
>
>You can find a bunch of his Play Bach series, as well.
>
>This is all, of course, waaaay of jb's head, but then so are spreadsheets
>and manual contouring, and, or course, mastercam.

What..you didnt like the music links I posted?

Gunner

From: Existential Angst on
"Gunner Asch" <gunnerasch(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 22:13:48 -0400, "Existential Angst"
> <UNfitcat(a)UNoptonline.net> wrote:
>
>>"Joe788" <larryrozer(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Emotion And Commotion
>>>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwNx-SG_vr8&feature=related
>>

>>Nothing against jeff beck per se, but watching rock'n'rollers recruit
>>claissical musicians/orchestras for their I-IV-V chord extravaganzas
>>(think
>>Grand Funk Railroad) is like taking Mona Lisa's, Systine Chapels, and
>>Picasso's, and using them for table mats in a fast food restaurant.
>>
>>In a word, musical hubris...... goodgawd.....
>>
>>This applies to the Beatles, as well.
>>
>>If you want a musical thrill AND education, listen to Jacques Loussier
>>doing Vivaldi's Seasons.
>>Every person with a kid in music class/school/studying an instrument
>>should
>>get this CD.
>>
>>Loussier's Play Bach series was, of course, legendary, but a bit more
>>esoteric. The Vivaldi thing is more "understandable", surprisingly true
>>the original.
>>Vivaldi:
>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3H-eybKbi4 starts at 0:30; not crazy
>>about the bossa nova improv, but OK
>>
>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-wQKNBvfpM Winter -- starts slow, but
>>hang
>>in there.... 01:20 will knock you out.... catch the bass.... Note the
>>stunningly low 1,274 hits.... compare to the Jonas Bros... a true
>>commentary on our effingly useless bankrupt culture.
>>
>>You can find a bunch of his Play Bach series, as well.
>>
>>This is all, of course, waaaay of jb's head, but then so are spreadsheets
>>and manual contouring, and, or course, mastercam.
>

> What..you didnt like the music links I posted?

Ackshooly, I did! Some of that celtic stuff is really niced stuff.
BUTT....
I sort of bristle at the las vegas-type mega productions they turn all this
into -- Reminds me of the Yanni mega-productions -- which I think turns
effing music into a methamphetamine injection, which I don't think was god's
original intent for music, but then we (the cultural "we") tend to megafy
everygoddammthing.

At this point, about all's I can handle is one instrument at a time.....
cain't take the effing drama anymore.

--
EA

From: Joe788 on
On Apr 22, 8:32 am, Black Dragon <b...(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:
> Joe788 wrote:
> > Are you implying that Mr. Bonkers
>
> Who is Mr Bonkers?
>
> --
> Black Dragon
>
> The only difference between a car salesman and a computer salesman is
> that the car salesman knows he's lying.

LOL
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: JB = Hip!
Next: Music choices was Re: JB -> Hammerhead