From: Cliff on
On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 13:29:04 -0400, "Existential Angst"
<UNfitcat(a)UNoptonline.net> wrote:

>BUT, he *did* keep that sweetheart Qualcomm gift for a number of years, so
>there has to be at least some minimal functionality/socialization.

Not much needed to push a broom off-shift.
--
Cliff
From: Cliff on
On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 13:29:04 -0400, "Existential Angst"
<UNfitcat(a)UNoptonline.net> wrote:

>I think jb needs to formally studied. If he plays his cards right, he could
>get paid while being a lab rat.

"Formal Study of Stupidity"
http://ruleofdum.com/

See 180. STUPIDITY at
http://departments.oxy.edu/registrar/catalog/ctsj.html
--
Cliff
From: Cliff on
On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 21:23:40 +0000 (UTC), Black Dragon <bd(a)nomail.invalid>
wrote:

>John R. Carroll wrote:
>
>> Black Dragon wrote:

>>> It's true. Joe788 and James Meyette were admiring Jon's madd skills on
>>> the eMastercam forum recently, and Jon hasn't (that I'm aware of
>>> anyway) been around there for several months now.

>>> I passed the information uphill and it's mostly out of my hands now.
>>> Our metrology guy has some wax like substance he says will do the job.
>>> I seriously doubt it'll do it accurately and have made my opinion
>>> known.
>
>> LOL
>> It's likely that they didn't want to spend the $100.00 per pound this sort
>> of material costs.
>
>I've been to that rodeo more than once with those people.
>
>I'm not a business person so I'm quite ignorant in these matters. Can
>someone explain to me how it's better to spend days doing something that
>can be done in hours if a few hundred bucks were spent up front on the
>proper materials to do the job?

Perhaps zero-expansion plaster?
--
Cliff
From: Cliff on
On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 18:18:01 -0500, jim <"sjedgingN0Sp"@m(a)mwt,net> wrote:

>> The real truth is more accurately described as a wino constantly
>> wanders into a restaurant and pisses into the salad bar.
>> After a while the patrons will rise up and try to drive the idiot out
>> of the restaurant.
>
>That is pretty much correct - except that there is no restaurant, no
>wino, no salad bar, no pissing. What really exists is just a small
>number of fools hallucinating that their salad is getting pissed on.

How was your salad?
Did it come with Pizza?
--
Cliff
From: Existential Angst on
"jim" <"sjedgingN0Sp"@m(a)mwt,net> wrote in message

> Cross-Slide wrote:
>>
>> On Apr 21, 12:34 pm, "Existential Angst" <UNfit...(a)UNoptonline.net>
>> wrote:
>> > "Black Dragon" <b...(a)nomail.invalid> wrote in message

>> > Partial truth there -- We all DO seem willing to dance, on command!!
>> >
>> > But, the other truth remains, that jb fancies himself a puppeteer, and
>> > that
>> > in itself is deranged.
>> > He puppeteers because he can't really contribute.
>> >
>> > That we respond to tugs on our strings is another issue.
>> > Mebbe a bunch of us miss JHS as well, eh??
>> > --
>> > EA

>> The real truth is more accurately described as a wino constantly
>> wanders into a restaurant and pisses into the salad bar.
>> After a while the patrons will rise up and try to drive the idiot out
>> of the restaurant.
>
> That is pretty much correct - except that there is no restaurant, no
> wino, no salad bar, no pissing. What really exists is just a small
> number of fools hallucinating that their salad is getting pissed on.

Criticizing someone for reacting to jb is like criticizing a parent for
slapping their brat.

jb is simply an aesthetic violation, and ergo offensive.
People react. Some over-react. No biggie.

Think of it, tho:
Someone who can't manually contour or use a spreadsheet proclaims
themselves to be an industry sage in cadcam.... beyond a hoot.
--
EA

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: JB = Hip!
Next: Music choices was Re: JB -> Hammerhead