From: Suzanne S. Barnhill on
I have told you twice that it is in the File Open dialog. On the File menu,
select Open. This opens the Open dialog. In the lower left corner, you will
see a box labeled "Files of type." Click the down arrow and scroll down to
"Recover Text from Any File." This option was added in Word 97, I believe.
If you have an older version, you will not see it.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Sharon" <shazandi(a)hotmail.com.> wrote in message
> Sorry Suzanne, I don't understand much about computers or where I go to
> "Files of Type", there was no mention of Recover Text written anywhere.
>
> Regards Sharon
>
> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
>
> > File | Open: for "Files of type" choose Recover Text from Any File.
> >
> > --
> > Suzanne S. Barnhill
> > Microsoft MVP (Word)
> > Words into Type
> > Fairhope, Alabama USA
> > Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
> > Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
newsgroup so
> > all may benefit.
> >
> > "Sharon" <shazandi(a)hotmail.com.> wrote in message
> > > Can you please tell me step by step how I can do this because I am
unsure
> > > what to do. Thank you.
> > >
> > > Reageards Sharon

Word's
> > File

> > newsgroup so

> > undoing
> > or
> > something I

> > but
> > viewer

> > it in
> > with
> > word

> > is
> > doesn't

WordPad?

> [...]
registry...didn't
> > work,
> > funny
> > this

great

From: Sharon on
Thank You for getting back to me, I had alook in the "Files of Type" and
"Recover Text from any File" is not in there, all I have is Word for
Windows(doc) , Windows Write(wri), Rich Text Format(rtf), Text Documents,
Text Documents Ms-Dos Format, Unicode Text Format & All Documents.

Regards Sharon

From: Anne Troy on
Sharon: It sounds like you've got a Word file, but you do NOT have Word on
your machine. Why don't you email it to me at Anne@ (and then the website
right below my name, not the www. part, tho). When you email it, include
everything you want to change on the document, and I will change it, and
send it back to you as a PDF file, which you *should* be able to open.
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
Check out the NEWsgroup stats!
Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

From: Suzanne S. Barnhill on
Sorry, I completely lost the plot here (despite the subject line). <sigh>

--

"Anne Troy" <ng(a)officearticles.com> wrote in message
> Sharon: It sounds like you've got a Word file, but you do NOT have Word on
> your machine. Why don't you email it to me at Anne@ (and then the website
> right below my name, not the www. part, tho). When you email it, include
> everything you want to change on the document, and I will change it, and
> send it back to you as a PDF file, which you *should* be able to open.
> ************
> Hope it helps!
> Anne Troy
> www.OfficeArticles.com
> Check out the NEWsgroup stats!
> Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com
>
> "Sharon" <shazandi(a)hotmail.com.> wrote in message
> > Thank You for getting back to me, I had alook in the "Files of Type" and
> > "Recover Text from any File" is not in there, all I have is Word for
> > Windows(doc) , Windows Write(wri), Rich Text Format(rtf), Text
Documents,
> > Text Documents Ms-Dos Format, Unicode Text Format & All Documents.
> >
> > Regards Sharon
> >
> > "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
> >
> >> I have told you twice that it is in the File Open dialog. On the File
> >> menu,
> >> select Open. This opens the Open dialog. In the lower left corner, you
> >> will
> >> see a box labeled "Files of type." Click the down arrow and scroll down
> >> "Recover Text from Any File." This option was added in Word 97, I
> >> believe.
> >> If you have an older version, you will not see it.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> >> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> >> Words into Type
> >> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> >> Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
> >> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
newsgroup
> >> so
> >> all may benefit.
> >>
> >> "Sharon" <shazandi(a)hotmail.com.> wrote in message

> >> newsgroup so

> >> unsure

> >> Word's
> >> this