From: Sharon on
Hi Everyone,
I hope everyone is having a great day. My question is that
I am trying to open a file in my secondary hard drive which is a word pad
document, but everytime I click on to it to open it, it comes up with "Can
not load word for windows 6.0 files". I have now got Windows XP and I have
put a secondary hard drive (D:) with my Main hard drive (C:) but I can't seem
to open it, this is very inperative that I can open it. Please help me, much
appreciated.

Regards
From: garfield-n-odie [MVP] on
See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883090/en-us "Error message
when you open a document file in Windows XP Service Pack 2".

From: Sharon on
Thank You very much for helping me but it did not wrong it is still saying
cannot load word for windows 6.0 files. i tried as you asked but to no avail
it couldn't open.

Much appreciated.
Kind Regards Sharon

From: garfield-n-odie [MVP] on
Did you restart the computer after modifying the Windows registry?

From: garfield-n-odie [MVP] on
An alternative to using Wordpad would be to download and install
the free Word 2003 Viewer from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=95E24C87-8732-48D5-8689-AB826E7B8FDF&displaylang=en
..

Sharon wrote:

> Thank You very much for helping me but it did not wrong it is still saying
> cannot load word for windows 6.0 files. i tried as you asked but to no avail
> it couldn't open.
>
> Much appreciated.
> Kind Regards Sharon
>
> "garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:
>

>>See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883090/en-us "Error message
>>when you open a document file in Windows XP Service Pack 2".
>>
>>Sharon wrote:
>>

>>>Hi Everyone,
>>> I hope everyone is having a great day. My question is that
>>>I am trying to open a file in my secondary hard drive which is a word pad
>>>document, but everytime I click on to it to open it, it comes up with "Can
>>>not load word for windows 6.0 files". I have now got Windows XP and I have
>>>put a secondary hard drive (D:) with my Main hard drive (C:) but I can't seem
>>>to open it, this is very inperative that I can open it. Please help me, much
>>>appreciated.
>>>
>>>Regards
>>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5