From: AIANDAS on
I managed to get rid of the AVG remnants, but the other services are still
messing around with my system files in Event Viewer. Now what? Thank you for
helping me with the first part of this exercise.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
What anti-virus application was installed before you installed AVG?

Was the subscription still current when you uninstalled it before installing
AVG?

From: SC Tom on

"AIANDAS" <AIANDAS(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've been experiencing on-going crashes and I go to Event Viewer and it
> shows
> me that the following services failed to load or error messages came
> about:
> PSINKNC; PLFLASHJ DEVICE CONTROL SERVICE; NANO SERVICE MAIN; AVGIDS
> WATCHER;
> AKAMAI SERVICE; ADFS SERVICE;P ZUNE BUS ENUMERATOR; AVGIDS AGENT; AVGIDS
> DRIVER; AVGIDS FILTER; AVGIDS SHIM; PSINPROC SERVICE; PSINFILE;
> PSINAFLT.
> Apologies for writing in caps but I wanted to ensure these things stand
> out.
> Any advice on how to deal with this will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
> in
> advance.

Google (or whatever search engine you prefer) each of the offending
services, and you'll find out what they are. For example, PSINKNC is part of
Panda Cloud Antivirus, so you'd be better off uninstalling it and
reinstalling. Same with the rest. Some may require updates or patches from
the manufacturer.
You might want to try installing another anti-malware product and running
it, such as
MalwareBytes http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
and SuperAntiSpyware http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html to see if
you have some sort of infection. Is this a recent problem? Have you
installed some new software or hardware that may have caused it? If not, my
hunch is malware of some sort.
--
SC Tom

From: AIANDAS on
I am hoping to avoid the grief of re-installing the OS all over again. I am
currently running Avira as my antivirus which is FREE when running on an
individual level. Please help, otherwise if that is the end game to this
problem well, I'll need to save my files/data etc

From: AIANDAS on
P.S.
Will uninstalling SP3 and re-installing it again remedy this problem?