From: AIANDAS on
I figured googling each and everyone of these things may be the way it goes.
OK uninstalling SP3 will not necessarily do the trick then right?

From: R. McCarty on
No, the service failures are 3rd-party and undoing and re-installing the
Service Pack wouldn't address those failures.

Many services have dependency services. For one to start successfully
it requires that other services are started before it. Resolving service
starts can be difficult. Have you made any manual changes to services
that would account for the long list of failures ?

From: someone watching on
>I figured googling each and everyone of these things may be the way it
>goes.
> OK uninstalling SP3 will not necessarily do the trick then right?

uninstalling SP3 will NOT do the trick because as stated in another post,
your problems are related to various anti-virus programs you installed! You
have to uninstall the offending programs (BTW, sometimes you have to
REinstall, THEN UNinstall the offending program).

One last tip, try doing a 'clean boot' to come to a more stable system. This
may or may not work as anti-virus programs can get pretty 'deep' into the OS
.... do this:
START, RUN, MSCONFIG <enter>, select 'Diagnostic Startup', OK, reboot

See if that stabilizes the system and helps as you work to remove the
offending software

From: db on
it would be my firm guess
that when you first installed
windows it was highly stabled.

therefore, I would test the issue
of crashes by booting into
safe mode and see if windows
is stable.

if so, then I would initiate a
clean boot to disable all
startups and third party
services so that normal
mode can become stable.

afterwards you can determine
which third party services and
startups should remain disabled.

--
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

From: AIANDAS on
OK I am about to do the diagnostic startup and hope for the best.
I'll repost once I see the offending services have been put in check.
Thanks guys!