From: AIANDAS on
I've been experiencing on-going crashes and I go to Event Viewer and it shows
me that the following services failed to load or error messages came about:
PSINKNC; PLFLASHJ DEVICE CONTROL SERVICE; NANO SERVICE MAIN; AVGIDS WATCHER;
AKAMAI SERVICE; ADFS SERVICE;P ZUNE BUS ENUMERATOR; AVGIDS AGENT; AVGIDS
DRIVER; AVGIDS FILTER; AVGIDS SHIM; PSINPROC SERVICE; PSINFILE; PSINAFLT.
Apologies for writing in caps but I wanted to ensure these things stand out.
Any advice on how to deal with this will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in
advance.
From: AIANDAS on
P.S.
Will Repair Console remedy these problems?

From: sgopus on
remove and reinstall AVG antivirus software, it appears some of it's
components maybe either be missing or corrupt. this will resolve some of what
is going on. and the answer to your question is no, repair console will not
repair these items.

From: AIANDAS on
OK I'll do the AVG install and re-install but what about those others
services? Were they affected by the corrupt AVG remnants?

From: 20100201 on
AIANDAS wrote:

>I've been experiencing on-going crashes and I go to Event Viewer and it shows
>me that the following services failed to load or error messages came about:
>PSINKNC; PLFLASHJ DEVICE CONTROL SERVICE; NANO SERVICE MAIN; AVGIDS WATCHER;
>AKAMAI SERVICE; ADFS SERVICE;P ZUNE BUS ENUMERATOR; AVGIDS AGENT; AVGIDS
>DRIVER; AVGIDS FILTER; AVGIDS SHIM; PSINPROC SERVICE; PSINFILE; PSINAFLT.
>Apologies for writing in caps but I wanted to ensure these things stand out.
>Any advice on how to deal with this will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in
>advance.

You need to re-install XP from scratch. there is no Solution for this
problem and the only replies you will get are like this:

" What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than
Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?

computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
bought it)? "

"Pig-Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP(a)gmail.com>