From: AIANDAS on
The following keys continue to make a nuisance of themselves and I am
thinking to go brute force, go into the registry and delete them.
Unless you think there's a kinder-gentler way ;-)

From: AIANDAS on
Mea Culpa, forgot the bloody keys, they are:

PLFlash DeviceIoControl Service

NanoServiceMain

The Akamai service terminated with the following error:

The adfs service failed to start due to the following error:

The Zune Bus Enumerator Driver service failed to start due to the following
error:

From: SC Tom on
*** replies in line

*** Look here : http://www.file.net/process/ioctlsvc.exe.html

> NanoServiceMain
*** Look here: http://blog.cloudantivirus.com/2009/04/30/known-issues/
You may have to reinstall Panda to uninstall it.

> The Akamai service terminated with the following error:
*** Look here:
http://ask-leo.com/whats_akamai_and_why_is_my_firewall_alerting_me_about_it.html

> The adfs service failed to start due to the following error:
*** Are you part of a domain on a server running Active Directory? Go to
Start, Run, and type in services.msc and press Enter. See if any services
are listed for Active Directory and what the startup method is. Try stopping
it (if running) and set it as Disabled for now.

> The Zune Bus Enumerator Driver service failed to start due to the
> following
> error:
*** If you have (or had) a Zune, try uninstalling the software and any
updates for it. If you have and use the Zune, try reinstalling the
application software and updates again.
--
SC Tom

From: 20100201 on
First I would get rid of AVIRA completely. It is dodgy and you get pop
ups every time it updates to FORCE you to buy their professional
version. It is slow and it is GERMAN. We british try to avoid GERMAN
products in the same way as we avoid them in major tournaments like
Football/Soccer.

Sadly I have to advise you that you should backup your data immediately
because there is simply no way out of this. your system has become very
unstable. Please download or buy Norton Ghost 15 because in my opinion
it is the best software in the market place to backup your data.

Also, Norton Ghost will enable you to clone/backup your entire drive
when you have re-installed XP SP3 so that in future you should be able
to restore your system much more quickly then going through the routine
install option.

hth

From: Daave on
20100201 wrote:
> First I would get rid of AVIRA completely.

I wouldn't. It's one of the best antivirus programs available.

> It is dodgy

It is not dodgy.

> and you get
> pop ups every time it updates to FORCE you to buy their professional
> version.

1. No one is ever forced to do anything.

2. Avira is entitled to entice users of their free progam to upgrade to
the "professional" program. These popups are no more than a minor
convenience. Furthermore, one does not get popups if they disable them,
and the method to disable them is straightforward and simple.