From: "Don Schmidt" Don on
Don't recall but usually, I download and then install.

Don

From: Jim on

Go to where it was d/l`d , right click , properties , click unblock ,
apply , ok , install , uninstall .

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 14:14:34 -0800, "Don Schmidt" <Don

From: Twayne on
HI Jim,

I consider myself better with windows & PCs than the man on the street, but
"block" and "unblock" in the right click choice is news to me. Unsuccessful
with a Google, I thought i'd come back here and ask if you could provide a
description of what it's about and why? Or a link, or maybe I'll just be
lucky and pick up someting from you for a better search term/s.
I've never noticed an "unblock" in the context menu before; what kind of
programs might use it? And is it there by default? XP SP3+ being used here
so if it's native, I should have it available.

Regards,

Twayne`

In news:u2p6j5h8d0gqtdbr7jifkcpjn8kvohtj0k(a)4ax.com,
Jim <bojimbo261(a)aol.com> typed:
> Go to where it was d/l`d , right click , properties , click unblock ,
> apply , ok , install , uninstall .
>

> On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 14:14:34 -0800, "Don Schmidt" <Don
> Engineer(a)PNB.Retired_1987> wrote:
>
>> Don't recall but usually, I download and then install.
>>
>> Don
>>

>> "Jim" <bojimbo261(a)aol.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Don , did you d/l and then run , or did you run and install from the
>>> website ?

We've already reached
tomorrow's yesterday
but we're still far away from
yesterday's tomorrow.

From: Unknown on
Download a file. Then right click on it. Select properties, Lower right hand
corner of general tab is 'unblock'.

From: Richard Urban on
How about much better security as compared to Windows XP?

That is reason enough for me!

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

"Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake(a)this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 21:00:42 -0800 (PST), Jaibaba Bholanath
> <jaibaba.bholanath(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am wanting to know if I should stay with my XP or change to 7. Can
>> anyone kindly provide me with cost-benefit analysis and suggest what I
>> should do?
>

> My view is that you're going about this backward. A change of
> operating system should be driven by need, not just because there is a
> new version available. Are you having a problem with Windows XP that
> you expect Windows 7 to solve? Do you have or expect to get new
> hardware or software that is supported in Windows 7, but not in XP? Is
> there some new feature in Windows 7 that you need or yearn for? Does
> your job require you have skills in Windows 7? Are you a computer
> hobbyist who enjoys playing with whatever is newest?
>
> If the answer to one or more of those questions is yes (and your
> hardware is adequate for Windows 7), then you should get Windows 7.
> Otherwise most people should stick with what they have. There is
> *always* a learning curve and a potential for problems when you take a
> step as big as this one, regardless of how wonderful whatever you're
> contemplating moving to is. Sooner or later you'll have to upgrade (to
> Windows 7 or its successor) because you'll want support for hardware
> or software that you can't get in XP, but don't rush it.
>
> I say all the above despite the fact that I'm a big Windows 7 fan. I
> think it's the best and most stable of all versions of Windows.
>

>> All my other programs that were working with XP will work
>> with 7 Ultimate?
>

> That depends on what programs you are running in XP. Most programs
> will work in Windows 7, but not all.
>
> --
> Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003
> Please Reply to the Newsgroup

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: Need MS Activation Phone Number