From: who on
A new version was auto-installed recently. It probably reset default
settings.

You should always deal with issues regarding Norton in the Norton forums,
not in some MS group like this.

From: Unknown on
You credit them but I believe it is YOU that kept your system virus free by
not clicking on unknown items.
I do not (and won't) use Norton and have never had a virus. The only
protection I use is WSE and I installed it
fairly recently.

From: William B. Lurie on
who wrote:
> A new version was auto-installed recently. It probably reset default
> settings.

I was not aware that a new version of anything was auto-installed.
I do not consciously allow auto-install of anything from
anywhere.

> You should always deal with issues regarding Norton in the Norton forums,
> not in some MS group like this.

I agree with that philosophy. Note in the thread that Daave
corrected my assumption that, because Task Manager said 'System'
Norton was not responsible. I refer system problems to this XP
group. I have no qualms about beating on Norton to solve
problems that I suspect are Norton-related.
From: Unknown on
He didn't know it was a Norton issue.