From: rc on
I didn't know of the Hitachi HDD diagnotic tool. Which tool are you
referring to? In regards to Casper...I think I am inclined to at least give
it a shot. Thanks

From: Anna on

"rc" <rc(a)home> wrote in message
>I didn't know of the Hitachi HDD diagnotic tool. Which tool are you
>referring to? In regards to Casper...I think I am inclined to at least give
>it a shot. Thanks

rc...
See...
http://www.hgst.com/hdd/support/download.htm
for the Hitachi Drive Fitness Test. You can create both a bootable CD and a
bootable floppy disk to include this HDD diagnostic utility program. You can
use the program (usually) even with a non-Hitachi HDD.

Also, take a look at the Hard Disk Sentinel (HDSentinel) program at...
http://www.hdsentinel.com/index.php
The free version should be more than suitable for you.

And I think you would be wise to at least try out the trial version of the
Casper 6 program.
Anna

From: rc on
Thanks group for all of you help and support. Unfortunately, I have come to
the conclustion that it is indeed the HDD itself. All of your suggestions
and helpful hints ordinarily would have been very beneficial if I were
dealing with a good piece of hardware. Thanks again