From: Vivienne Dunstan on
Jim <jim(a)magrathea.plus.com> wrote:

> I've used it for converting to ePubs, but it feels a very clunky app to
> me. Thanks for the suggestion though.

The main bit is clunky, but the built-in ebook reader is smoother, and
nicer to use IMHO than Stanza's desktop app for the same purpose.

Viv
From: Woody on
Jim <jim(a)magrathea.plus.com> wrote:
> Vivienne Dunstan <viv.dunstan(a)one-name.org> wrote:
>
>> Have you tried Calibre? It has a built-in ebook reader as well as
>> conversion software, and will automatically handle ePubs.
>
> I've used it for converting to ePubs, but it feels a very clunky app
> me. Thanks for the suggestion though.

It does have a very clunky cross platform / java / gtk feel to it.
Useful for certain things but nit the sort of app you want to spend time
in
From: Jim on
Vivienne Dunstan <viv.dunstan(a)one-name.org> wrote:

> Jim <jim(a)magrathea.plus.com> wrote:
>
> > I've used it for converting to ePubs, but it feels a very clunky app to
> > me. Thanks for the suggestion though.
>
> The main bit is clunky, but the built-in ebook reader is smoother, and
> nicer to use IMHO than Stanza's desktop app for the same purpose.

I'll give it a try then. Thanks.

Jim
--
"Microsoft admitted its Vista operating system was a 'less good
product' in what IT experts have described as the most ambitious
From: Mark Bestley on
Jim <jim(a)magrathea.plus.com> wrote:

> Opinions as to the best one? Stanza is kinda-sorta ok, but I feel like
> I'm always fighting it somewhat. I can never _quite_ get it the way I
> want it to look.
>
> What's the nearest thing to iBooks on the Mac itself?
>
> Must be able to read ePubs, which rules out the Kindle app. I think.

I use Adobe Digital Editions for reading epub - there is also a Firefox
epub plugin

--
Mark
From: Jon on
On 07/08/2010 10:37am, Jim wrote:
> Opinions as to the best one? Stanza is kinda-sorta ok, but I feel like
> I'm always fighting it somewhat. I can never _quite_ get it the way I
> want it to look.
>
> What's the nearest thing to iBooks on the Mac itself?
>
> Must be able to read ePubs, which rules out the Kindle app. I think.
>
> Jim

Adobe Digital Edition reads ePuns and is free

http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Powerbook G4 17"