From: Jim on
Opinions as to the best one? Stanza is kinda-sorta ok, but I feel like
I'm always fighting it somewhat. I can never _quite_ get it the way I
want it to look.

What's the nearest thing to iBooks on the Mac itself?

Must be able to read ePubs, which rules out the Kindle app. I think.

Jim
--
"Microsoft admitted its Vista operating system was a 'less good
product' in what IT experts have described as the most ambitious
From: Vivienne Dunstan on
Have you tried Calibre? It has a built-in ebook reader as well as
conversion software, and will automatically handle ePubs.

Afraid I don't read many ebooks on my Mac itself, apart from Kindle
books. I'm more likely to be reading ebooks on my iPod touch, mainly in
Stanza, or the Kindle app.

Viv
From: Jim on
Vivienne Dunstan <viv.dunstan(a)one-name.org> wrote:

> Have you tried Calibre? It has a built-in ebook reader as well as
> conversion software, and will automatically handle ePubs.

I've used it for converting to ePubs, but it feels a very clunky app to
me. Thanks for the suggestion though.

> Afraid I don't read many ebooks on my Mac itself, apart from Kindle
> books. I'm more likely to be reading ebooks on my iPod touch, mainly in
> Stanza, or the Kindle app.

Me neither, but occasionally I do like to read on the Mac itself. Mostly
I'm reading on the iPad.

Jim
From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 10:37:07 +0100, jim(a)magrathea.plus.com (Jim) wrote:

>Opinions as to the best one? Stanza is kinda-sorta ok, but I feel like
>I'm always fighting it somewhat. I can never _quite_ get it the way I
>want it to look.
>
>What's the nearest thing to iBooks on the Mac itself?
>
>Must be able to read ePubs, which rules out the Kindle app. I think.

I use TextEdit or a web browser (depending on source format) when I
read stuff on the Mac... none of the somewhat dedicated reader apps
seem to be much cop on a big screen.

Safari in Reader mode?

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"How do you like your blue-eyed boy now, Mr Death?" - e e cummings/Tom Baker
From: Jim on
Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie(a)sometimes.sessile.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 10:37:07 +0100, jim(a)magrathea.plus.com (Jim) wrote:
>
> >Opinions as to the best one? Stanza is kinda-sorta ok, but I feel like
> >I'm always fighting it somewhat. I can never _quite_ get it the way I
> >want it to look.
> >
> >What's the nearest thing to iBooks on the Mac itself?
> >
> >Must be able to read ePubs, which rules out the Kindle app. I think.
>
> I use TextEdit or a web browser (depending on source format) when I
> read stuff on the Mac... none of the somewhat dedicated reader apps
> seem to be much cop on a big screen.
>
> Safari in Reader mode?

Doesn't read ePubs, sadly.

Jim
--
"Microsoft admitted its Vista operating system was a 'less good
product' in what IT experts have described as the most ambitious
understatement since the captain of the Titanic reported some
slightly damp tablecloths." http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Powerbook G4 17"