From: Arny Krueger on
"Michael Dobony" <survey(a)stopassaultnow.net> wrote in
message news:n3v374y23jgk$.cu0za15hotr0.dlg(a)40tude.net

> What is the best way to filter fluorescent induced hum
> out of a sound system?

If the noise is actually hum, then you'd probably have the same hum no
matter what kind of bulbs you had.

Treat the problem like an ordinary grounding problem and you'll probably
solve it.

> I tried setting the FD manually to filter the offending frequency, but
> that is not working.

What's the offending frequency?

From: Phil Allison on

"Arny Krueger"

"Michael Dopey"

>> What is the best way to filter fluorescent induced hum
>> out of a sound system?
>
> If the noise is actually hum, then you'd probably have the same hum no
> matter what kind of bulbs you had.

** So Arny has never noticed how *fluoro* lights make electric guitars buzz
?

No such thing happens with (non dimmed) incandescents.

> Treat the problem like an ordinary grounding problem and you'll probably
> solve it.

** No you won't !!!!

>> I tried setting the FD manually to filter the offending frequency, but
>> that is not working.
>
> What's the offending frequency?

** 120Hz plus all odd numbered harmonics - much like dimmer buzz.

..... Phil

From: Bob on
On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 22:50:17 -0600, Michael Dobony <survey(a)stopassaultnow.net>
wrote:

>What is the best way to filter fluorescent induced hum out of a sound
>system? I tried setting the FD manually to filter the offending frequency,
>but that is not working.
>
>Mike D.

First, you need to find what equipment it is actually affecting...

Unplug stuff starting from the inputs until the noise goes away... You could
also try turning off lights as well...

As someone said, noise in sound systems from fluorescent is not normal... so
it's either some cheap thing connected to it, or where you are there is a
lighting equipment/wiring problem.

The only time I ever had a noise problem like that in a sound system was at the
local legion hall, where some yahoo ran 200' of cheap mic cable all around the
walls, tied to the electrical conduit... un-balanced cheap coax... and connected
it to a Radio Shack mixer!

From: Phil Allison on

<Bob(a)kandystan.com>

Michael Dopey

>>What is the best way to filter fluorescent induced hum out of a sound
>>system? I tried setting the FD manually to filter the offending frequency,
>>but that is not working.
>>
>>Mike D.
>
> First, you need to find what equipment it is actually affecting...

** Remember - Mike D is a monumental half-wit.

If someone sneezed near a mic and that sneeze was heard through the
peakers - he would immediately come here asking how to fix a sound system
with a cold.

.... Phil

From: liquidator on

"Phil Allison" <phil_a(a)tpg.com.au> wrote in message

> <Bob(a)kandystan.com>
>
> Michael Dopey
>

>>>What is the best way to filter fluorescent induced hum out of a sound
>>>system? I tried setting the FD manually to filter the offending
>>>frequency,
>>>but that is not working.
>>>
>>>Mike D.
>>
>> First, you need to find what equipment it is actually affecting...
>

> ** Remember - Mike D is a monumental half-wit.
>
> If someone sneezed near a mic and that sneeze was heard through the
> peakers - he would immediately come here asking how to fix a sound
> system with a cold.
>

> ... Phil

You owe me for a keyboard Phil, I just blew coffee all over my old one....

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: Rock the resort videos
Next: Interesting event