From: Michael Dobony on
On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 19:59:01 -0500, Bob(a)kandystan.com wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 22:50:17 -0600, Michael Dobony <survey(a)stopassaultnow.net>
> wrote:
>
>>What is the best way to filter fluorescent induced hum out of a sound
>>system? I tried setting the FD manually to filter the offending frequency,
>>but that is not working.
>>
>>Mike D.
>
> First, you need to find what equipment it is actually affecting...
>
> Unplug stuff starting from the inputs until the noise goes away... You could
> also try turning off lights as well...

Plugging a mic cable into the stage jack makes it hum. With a mic on the
cable it gets worse. Silent without the mic cable plugged in.

Lights off is not always an option. It is rarely an option for the intended
use.

From: Tim Perry on

"Michael Dobony" <survey(a)stopassaultnow.net> wrote in message
> On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 19:59:01 -0500, Bob(a)kandystan.com wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 22:50:17 -0600, Michael Dobony
>> <survey(a)stopassaultnow.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>What is the best way to filter fluorescent induced hum out of a sound
>>>system? I tried setting the FD manually to filter the offending
>>>frequency,
>>>but that is not working.
>>>
>>>Mike D.
>>
>> First, you need to find what equipment it is actually affecting...
>>
>> Unplug stuff starting from the inputs until the noise goes away... You
>> could
>> also try turning off lights as well...
>>

> Plugging a mic cable into the stage jack makes it hum. With a mic on the
> cable it gets worse. Silent without the mic cable plugged in.

Miswired cable?

From: bob urz on
Michael Dobony wrote:
> What is the best way to filter fluorescent induced hum out of a sound
> system? I tried setting the FD manually to filter the offending frequency,
> but that is not working.
>
> Mike D.
Try an electrit condenser phantom powered or battery powered mike.
Is the noise less or the same?

bob
From: Arny Krueger on
"Phil Allison" <phil_a(a)tpg.com.au> wrote in message
> "Arny Krueger"
>
> "Michael Dopey"
>>
>>> What is the best way to filter fluorescent induced hum
>>> out of a sound system?
>>
>> If the noise is actually hum, then you'd probably have
>> the same hum no matter what kind of bulbs you had.

> ** So Arny has never noticed how *fluoro* lights make
> electric guitars buzz ?

(1) I've seen it happen.

(2) I've made it go away.

> No such thing happens with (non dimmed) incandescents.

(1) I've seen it happen.

(2) I've made it go away.

>> Treat the problem like an ordinary grounding problem and
>> you'll probably solve it.

> ** No you won't !!!!

(1) I've seen it happen.

(2) I've made it go away.

From: Michael Dobony on
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 01:36:18 -0500, Tim Perry wrote:

> "Michael Dobony" <survey(a)stopassaultnow.net> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 19:59:01 -0500, Bob(a)kandystan.com wrote:
>>
>>> On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 22:50:17 -0600, Michael Dobony
>>> <survey(a)stopassaultnow.net>

>>> First, you need to find what equipment it is actually affecting...
>>>
>>> Unplug stuff starting from the inputs until the noise goes away... You
>>> could
>>> also try turning off lights as well...
>>>

>> Plugging a mic cable into the stage jack makes it hum. With a mic on the
>> cable it gets worse. Silent without the mic cable plugged in.
>>

> Miswired cable?

6 different cables are doing the same thing, including 3 premium new
cables, Live wire Elite, Planet Waves (case shorted to ground), and Mogami
Gold.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: Rock the resort videos