From: Michael Dobony on
What is the best way to filter fluorescent induced hum out of a sound
system? I tried setting the FD manually to filter the offending frequency,
but that is not working.

Mike D.
From: Michael Dobony on
On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 22:50:17 -0600, Michael Dobony wrote:

> What is the best way to filter fluorescent induced hum out of a sound
> system? I tried setting the FD manually to filter the offending frequency,
> but that is not working.
>
> Mike D.

BTW, changing lights is NOT an option.
From: Krooburg Science on
On Dec 8, 9:39 pm, Michael Dobony <sur...(a)stopassaultnow.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 22:50:17 -0600, Michael Dobony wrote:
> > What is the best way to filter fluorescent induced hum out of a sound
> > system? I tried setting the FD manually to filter the offending frequency,
> > but that is not working.
>
> > Mike D.
>
> BTW, changing lights is NOT an option.

Without knowing the topology and layout the sound system in relation
to the lights along with the gear used, it's impossible to offer any
reasonable advice. It sounds like you need to hire a consultant that
knows their stuff. Your question is not unlike going to the Dr. and
saying, "doctor, it hurts when I do this." The only answer the Dr. can
give without further analysis is, "don't do that". So with that in
mind, turn off the florescent lights or turn off the sound system.

K.

K.
From: www.locoworks.com on
On Dec 8, 10:00�pm, Krooburg Science <kroob...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 8, 9:39�pm, Michael Dobony <sur...(a)stopassaultnow.net> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 22:50:17 -0600, Michael Dobony wrote:
> > > What is the best way to filter fluorescent induced hum out of a sound
> > > system? I tried setting the FD manually to filter the offending frequency,
> > > but that is not working.
>
> > > Mike D.
>
> > BTW, changing lights is NOT an option.
>
> Without knowing the topology and layout the sound system in relation
> to the lights along with the gear used, it's impossible to offer any
> reasonable advice. It sounds like you need to hire a consultant that
> knows their stuff. Your question is not unlike going to the Dr. and
> saying, "doctor, it hurts when I do this." The only answer the Dr. can
> give without further analysis is, "don't do that". So with that in
> mind, turn off the florescent lights or turn off the sound system.
>
> K.
>
> K.

If they are runniing on a magnetic ballast (as $10 shop lights from
Home Depot do) it's just 60 cycle hum. Any other ballast would be
electronic and operate at about 35KHz approximately, so it would
probably only be audible to bats. Have you tried notching out 60
cycles?

Neon ballasts can make a helluva loud buzz.
From: Phil Allison on

"Michael Dopey"

>> What is the best way to filter fluorescent induced hum out of a sound
>> system? I tried setting the FD manually to filter the offending
>> frequency,
>> but that is not working.
>
> BTW, changing lights is NOT an option.

** Fluoro lights do not affect nor interfere with "sound systems ".

However, they often induce significant buzzing noise in poorly designed
electric guitars and some plastic box keyboards.

Same goes for most light dimmers too.

Its the musician's problem - not your problem.

..... Phil

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: Rock the resort videos