From: Ten thousandandone on
On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 08:31:57 +1000, Don McKenzie <5V(a)2.5A> wrote:

Punch in

0269641503

From: Phil Allison on

"z1"

> is it legal?

** The only legal issue was that copyright the data was held by Telstra.

The Federal Court has ruled there is no copyright in such a list - cos it
lacks "originality".

http://www.pacelegal.com.au/tag/telstra-corporation-pty-ltd-v-local-phone-directories-pty-ltd-feist-v-rural-telephone-services/

Long been said of phone books that they have fantastic casts but no
identifiable plots.

..... Phil

From: Gettamulla Tupya on
On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 08:31:57 +1000, Don McKenzie <5V(a)2.5A> wrote:

> A new site has cropped up, an alternative to the costly Mirus Online
> (http://www.mirusonline.com.au/), which allows free reverse telephone
> searches for numbers in Australia:
>
> http://www.reversephones.com.au/
>
> Seems okay.

Doesn't work for my area in Sydney.

From: Rod Speed on
z1 wrote:
> On 5/07/2010 09:28, Stubbo of Oz wrote:
>> On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 08:31:57 +1000, Don McKenzie<5V(a)2.5A> wrote:
>>
>>> A new site has cropped up, an alternative to the costly Mirus Online
>>> (http://www.mirusonline.com.au/), which allows free reverse
>>> telephone searches for numbers in Australia:
>>>
>>> http://www.reversephones.com.au/
>>>
>>> Seems okay.
>>> ===============================================
>>>
>>> Just found this posted in aus.comms
>>>
>>> should be of interest to most readers of this group I would think.
>>>
>>> Needs state prefix, also some mobile numbers come up, some don't.
>>>
>>> Cheers Don...
>>
>> Terrific!!!
>>
>> Thanks for the link
>>
>> Cheers ..............
>>

> is it legal?

Corse its legal, its never been illegal to do a reverse lookup.

From: Rod Speed on
SG1 wrote:
> "z1" <z1(a)127.0.0.1> wrote in message

>>> Terrific!!!
>>>
>>> Thanks for the link

>> is it legal?
>
> This could be a very good tool for identity theives. Just checked my
> current # then my previous # in a different town. Both on display for
> all to grab.

You're always free to get an unlisted number if you're that paranoid.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: monitor purchase
Next: XP and windows 7 on one machine