From: Rod Speed on
Tom wrote:
> On 5/07/2010 8:31 AM, Don McKenzie wrote:
>> A new site has cropped up, an alternative to the costly Mirus Online
>> (http://www.mirusonline.com.au/), which allows free reverse telephone
>> searches for numbers in Australia:
>>
>> http://www.reversephones.com.au/
>>
>> Seems okay.
>>
>> Just found this posted in aus.comms
>>
>> should be of interest to most readers of this group I would think.
>>
>> Needs state prefix, also some mobile numbers come up, some don't.
>>
>> Cheers Don...
>>

> Looks like Telstra list, doesn't work with my home or mobile number
> but I have 0 connections with Telstra - they offered me a non-ADSL
> capable landline so they can keep it...

I have no connections with telstra either and it works fine anyway.

From: SG1 on

"Rod Speed" <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> SG1 wrote:
>> "z1" <z1(a)127.0.0.1> wrote in message

>>> is it legal?
>>
>> This could be a very good tool for identity theives. Just checked my
>> current # then my previous # in a different town. Both on display for
>> all to grab.
>
> You're always free to get an unlisted number if you're that paranoid.

Your use of the word free does not apply in this case.

From: Rod Speed on
SG1 wrote:
> "Rod Speed" <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> SG1 wrote:
>>> "z1" <z1(a)127.0.0.1> wrote in message

>>> This could be a very good tool for identity theives. Just checked my
>>> current # then my previous # in a different town. Both on display
>>> for all to grab.
>>
>> You're always free to get an unlisted number if you're that paranoid.
>
> Your use of the word free does not apply in this case.

Corse it does. I never said they dont cost anything.

And they dont cost a cent with mobile numbers anyway.

From: Rob on
On 5/07/2010 12:31 PM, SG1 wrote:
> "z1"<z1(a)127.0.0.1> wrote in message

>>> Terrific!!!
>>>
>>> Thanks for the link
>>>
>>> Cheers ..............
>>>

>> is it legal?
>
> This could be a very good tool for identity theives. Just checked my current
> # then my previous # in a different town. Both on display for all to grab.

How to get delisted

If you do not want your number to be listed on this web site, please
contact us using the feedback link on the right. Only numbers that are
on the ACMA Do Not Call Register will be delisted. This is to prevent
fraud.
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: monitor purchase