From: David H. Lipman on
From: <easyone(a)onetel.com>

| cquirke
|
| Thankyou so much for your detailed explanation of ADS, though I must
| admit I only understand the jist, as the technical detail is beyond me.
|
| Luckily I have A FAT formatted computer - what a relief.
|
| ADS's sound scarey.
|
| Norton is continuing to warn of the Hacktool.Rootkit virus in the
| SVKP.sys file. Thankfully to David Lipman and yourself I am wiser and I
| think I can ignore it. I'll wait a bit to see if Norton adjusts its
| scan for virus. I can always remove Tweak XP which will take away the
| SVKP.sys file.
|
| Tony

Make sure you have the latest NAV signatures !

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

From: sponger11 on
The Norton virus definitions dated 10/26/2005 do not flag SVSK.sys as
a hacktool.rootkit anymore. Whew!!

From: Shawn E. Hale on
Thanks for sharing that! I had wiped it and the registry entries just in
case but that is good to know that it might have been a false positive.

<sponger11(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
> The Norton virus definitions dated 10/26/2005 do not flag SVSK.sys as
> a hacktool.rootkit anymore. Whew!!
>

> On 23 Oct 2005 05:15:08 -0700, easyone(a)onetel.com wrote:
>
> >I've found after Norton Update 19/10/05, when I try to open Tweak XP
> >with Norton enabled , it stops me with a High Risk Virus warning - 'The
> >file C:\wimdows\system32\SVKP.sys is infected with the Hacktool.Rootkit
> >virus'. When Norton is disabled I can open Tweak File Shredder without
> >the virus warning.
> >
> >Looked on the internet to see what SVKP is. It is SVK Protector a
> >security software used by others legitimately.
> >
> >I've got a feeling the SVKP files are used by Tweak as with other
> >software. Norton recognizes the SVKP.sys file and assumes it is a
> >virus. When I uninstalled Tweak the SVKP file on my computer
> >dissapperared and OK. Then on reinstalling it appears.
> >
> >My computer is running allright from what I see.
> >
> >If this is the case hopefully it relieves others and myself of the
> >worry of the Hacktool.rootkit virus.
> >
> >Much appreciate if others could comment.
> >
> >Tony

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: HotPOP.com infected