From: William Sommerwerck on
>> Meanwhile I will take the speaker out and report back
>> if/when I have a result

> But you've already subbed the speaker and the hiss went
> away or so I thought I had previously read.

And no one here is aware of a "mechanism" that causes speakers to produce
hissing sounds on their own, especially when you say the sound is not
related to the program material or its volume.

From: Meat Plow on
On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 15:01:33 -0700, William Sommerwerck wrote:

>>> Meanwhile I will take the speaker out and report back if/when I have a
>>> result
>
>> But you've already subbed the speaker and the hiss went away or so I
>> thought I had previously read.
>
> And no one here is aware of a "mechanism" that causes speakers to
> produce hissing sounds on their own, especially when you say the sound
> is not related to the program material or its volume.

Especially if it is just a passive enclosure. Now a woofer with a built
in amp is an entirely different story.
From: Arfa Daily on

"William Sommerwerck" <grizzledgeezer(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Thank you for your confidence everyone: If I wanted to wind
>> everyone up, dont you think I would have found a funnier way
>> of doing it than this?
>
> You'd be amazed at some of the stupid stuff you see in UseNet groups. I've
> never seen any of these that were actually funny.
>
> The problem is that you are describing something that doesn't seem to make
> any sense, or have any obvious explanation. This quite naturally makes
> people suspicious.

Also, the source sounds suspicious, you must admit ? I mean, dmanzaluni ?
That must be "the man's a loony", mustn't it ? And the nic. Ripanykhazov.
"Rippin' ya clothes off" maybe ?

Dunno. Sorry if I'm being unfair to you, but the more I look at this, the
more it doesn't make any sense, and the more it begins to look like a usenet
windup ...

Arfa

From: William Sommerwerck on
> Dunno. Sorry if I'm being unfair to you, but the more I look
> at this, the more it doesn't make any sense, and the more
> it begins to look like a usenet windup ...

Of course, if it is true, we might read the following in the newspaper...

Woman killed by poisonous snake

Miss so-and-so was killed yesterday when bitten by a viper hiding behind one
of her loudspeakers. The animal had curled up there for warmth, and had
attracted her attention by making random hissing noises when music was
played.

From: Ron on
On 31/07/2010 01:35, Arfa Daily wrote:

> Also, the source sounds suspicious, you must admit ? I mean, dmanzaluni
> ? That must be "the man's a loony", mustn't it ? And the nic.
> Ripanykhazov. "Rippin' ya clothes off" maybe ?

Rip her knickers off, Shirley ;)