From: ransley on
On Jan 17, 8:43 pm, "abyss" <abyss_suj...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> I just bought Canon 500D with lens 18-55MM. I'm trying to take the snap to
> my 8 months baby in the room, but for one thing, it's a little bit dark in
> the room ,and on the other hand, my baby is always moving, so I just could
> not success to take a clear and sharp pic for him.
>
> Could anyone give me a tip?
>
> --
>
> Abyss Su

Do you also need advise on driving a car, you bought a 800$ camera and
dont know it has a flash or anything about it, your tip is read about
it.
From: Bruce on
On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 04:53:59 -0800 (PST), ransley
<Mark_Ransley(a)Yahoo.com> wrote:
>On Jan 17, 8:43�pm, "abyss" <abyss_suj...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I just bought Canon 500D with lens 18-55MM. I'm trying to take the snap to
>> my 8 months baby in the room, but for one thing, it's a little bit dark in
>> the room ,and on the other hand, my baby is always moving, so I just could
>> not success to take a clear and sharp pic for him.
>>
>> Could anyone give me a tip?
>

>Do you also need advise on driving a car, you bought a 800$ camera and
>dont know it has a flash or anything about it, your tip is read about
>it.

When learning to drive a car, most people recognise the need for some
tuition. When learning to use a camera, people tend not to recognise
any need for tuition beyond reading the owner's manual, if they even
bother to do that.

They also tend to think that any problems can be solved simply by
buying a more expensive camera, or lens, or some accessory or other.

From: Paul Ciszek on

In article <hj0hrr$isr$1(a)www.shinco.com>,
abyss <abyss_sujing(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>I just bought Canon 500D with lens 18-55MM. I'm trying to take the snap to
>my 8 months baby in the room, but for one thing, it's a little bit dark in
>the room ,and on the other hand, my baby is always moving, so I just could
>not success to take a clear and sharp pic for him.
>
>Could anyone give me a tip?

In addition to some of the other suggestions, some people have had
success with having someone else distract the baby while the picture
is being taken. The right distraction can make a baby sit stock still
and star with rapt attention, but I have no useful advice for
determining what that might be for your baby.

--
Please reply to: | "Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is
pciszek at panix dot com | indistinguishable from malice."
From: GMAN on
In article <j9k8l5916m4akdfd3m77f58r35pcuke6f9(a)4ax.com>, Bruce <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 10:43:06 +0800, "abyss" <abyss_sujing(a)hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>I just bought Canon 500D with lens 18-55MM. I'm trying to take the snap to
>>my 8 months baby in the room, but for one thing, it's a little bit dark in
>>the room ,and on the other hand, my baby is always moving, so I just could
>>not success to take a clear and sharp pic for him.
>>
>>Could anyone give me a tip?
>

>Try learning how to use the camera. A simple, basic book on digital
>SLR photography would be a good starting point.

The OP could try Kidstoned Vitamins!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpMXcDOaM4M
From: OG on

"abyss" <abyss_sujing(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I just bought Canon 500D with lens 18-55MM. I'm trying to take the snap to
>my 8 months baby in the room, but for one thing, it's a little bit dark in
>the room ,and on the other hand, my baby is always moving, so I just could
>not success to take a clear and sharp pic for him.
>
> Could anyone give me a tip?
>
> --

If direct flash is a bit harsh, and it could be, you could try holding a
couple of folds of tissue paper over the flash when it goes off.

Taking the baby to the window and using natural light can be effective too.

You are wanting to take a really good photo, so that may mean trying lots of
different approaches, timings and styles. Dont expect to get a great photo
each time, but if you try lots of different methods, you should see which
ones have potential.

Are there any courses in using a dSLR in your area. A relative (with a
similar age son) went on one recently and has taken some lovely photos
since.