From: abyss on
I just bought Canon 500D with lens 18-55MM. I'm trying to take the snap to
my 8 months baby in the room, but for one thing, it's a little bit dark in
the room ,and on the other hand, my baby is always moving, so I just could
not success to take a clear and sharp pic for him.

Could anyone give me a tip?

--

Abyss Su

From: Ray Fischer on
abyss <abyss_sujing(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>I just bought Canon 500D with lens 18-55MM. I'm trying to take the snap to
>my 8 months baby in the room, but for one thing, it's a little bit dark in
>the room ,and on the other hand, my baby is always moving, so I just could
>not success to take a clear and sharp pic for him.
>
>Could anyone give me a tip?

1) Use the flash
2) Turn on some lights
3) Use the "P" mode and set the ISO to 1600
4) Use the wide end of the lens (closer to 18mm)
5) Don't look too closely at the photo

And before you completely dismiss #5 keep in mind that you'll
probably never use all 15MP that the camera is capable of. A typical
4x6 print needs maybe 1MP and a typical monitor displays only 2MP, so
if you see some blur when it's magnified then don't magnify it. Enjoy
it smaller. After all, it's the subject that counts and not the
photo.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: J�rgen Exner on
"abyss" <abyss_sujing(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>I just bought Canon 500D with lens 18-55MM. I'm trying to take the snap to
>my 8 months baby in the room, but for one thing, it's a little bit dark in
>the room ,and on the other hand, my baby is always moving, so I just could
>not success to take a clear and sharp pic for him.

In no particular order: turn up the lights, use flash (preferably
indirect), use a faster lens, increase the ISO setting, shoot wide open,
use a studio light, learn about your baby and prefocus on an area where
it will move to, ...

jue
From: tony cooper on
On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 10:43:06 +0800, "abyss" <abyss_sujing(a)hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I just bought Canon 500D with lens 18-55MM. I'm trying to take the snap to
>my 8 months baby in the room, but for one thing, it's a little bit dark in
>the room ,and on the other hand, my baby is always moving, so I just could
>not success to take a clear and sharp pic for him.
>
>Could anyone give me a tip?

I don't understand the question. You presumably have a flash on your
camera and have some extra lights to move into the room. Even without
dedicated photo equipment like diffusers or reflectors, you can
diffuse lights with anything from a handkerchief to translucent paper.
You can use construction sheets to reflect softer light.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Bruce on
wrote:

>I just bought Canon 500D with lens 18-55MM. I'm trying to take the snap to
>my 8 months baby in the room, but for one thing, it's a little bit dark in
>the room ,and on the other hand, my baby is always moving, so I just could
>not success to take a clear and sharp pic for him.
>
>Could anyone give me a tip?

Try learning how to use the camera. A simple, basic book on digital
SLR photography would be a good starting point.