From: Sandra Kachelmann on
On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 1:52 PM, Martin Schweizer
<schweizer.martin(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Sandra
>
> I was in a similar situation. I found the following paramters very usefull:
>
> portmaster -a -d --no-confirm
>
> -a: Take all installed ports
> -d: Delete any dependicies
> -no--confirm: Wait not after the check which ports are upgradable
>
> With the above switch portmaster waits in two case:
> 1. If you run in an compile error
> 2. If the port is new and will asks you about make config
>
> I did now three upgrades like above and it worked as expected.

Hi Martin

Thank you for your answer (and everyone else who replied). This is
exactly the reason why I keep going back to portupgrade. Default
OPTIONS almost always work for me - if not I go to the ports directory
and run make config then let the --batch option of portinstall deal
with everything.

It would be extremely nice if there would be a --batch option that
would act like portupgrade.

Sandra

From: RW on
On Fri, 6 Aug 2010 14:44:09 +0200
Sandra Kachelmann <s.kachelmann(a)googlemail.com> wrote:

> It would be extremely nice if there would be a --batch option that
> would act like portupgrade.

Does setting BATCH in the environment not work?

From: David Wolfskill on
On Fri, Aug 06, 2010 at 01:52:40PM +0200, Martin Schweizer wrote:
> Hello Sandra
>
> I was in a similar situation. I found the following paramters very usefull:
>
> portmaster -a -d --no-confirm
>
> -a: Take all installed ports
> -d: Delete any dependicies

Errr... careful, there:

-d always clean distfiles

Not quite the same thing. :-}

> -no--confirm: Wait not after the check which ports are upgradable

Peace,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill david(a)catwhisker.org
Depriving a girl or boy of an opportunity for education is evil.

From: Sandra Kachelmann on
> On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Sandra Kachelmann <s.kachelmann(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 1:52 PM, Martin Schweizer
> > <schweizer.martin(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hello Sandra
> >>
> >> I was in a similar situation. I found the following paramters very usefull:
> >>
> >> portmaster -a -d --no-confirm
> >>
> >> -a: Take all installed ports
> >> -d: Delete any dependicies
> >> -no--confirm: Wait not after the check which ports are upgradable
> >>
> >> With the above switch portmaster waits in two case:
> >> 1. If you run in an compile error
> >> 2. If the port is new and will asks you about make config
> >>
> >> I did now three upgrades like above and it worked as expected.
> >
> > Hi Martin
> >
> > Thank you for your answer (and everyone else who replied). This is
> > exactly the reason why I keep going back to portupgrade. Default
> > OPTIONS almost always work for me - if not I go to the ports directory
> > and run make config then let the --batch option of portinstall deal
> > with everything.
> >
> > It would be extremely nice if there would be a --batch option that
> > would act like portupgrade.
>
> Does setting BATCH in the environment not work?

Unfortunately not. I tried:

$ BATCH=yes portmaster -a -d --no-confirm

and like someone else suggested adding BATCH?=yes to /etc/make.conf,
then running:

$ portmaster -a -d --no-confirm

Still asks me to confirm all the options.

Sandra

From: Freddie Cash on
On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 6:26 AM, Sandra Kachelmann
<s.kachelmann(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Sandra Kachelmann <s.kachelmann(a)googlemail.com> wrote:

> and like someone else suggested adding BATCH?=yes to /etc/make.conf,
> then running:
>
> $ portmaster -a -d --no-confirm
>
> Still asks me to confirm all the options.

If you absolutely do not want to see the OPTIONS screens, no matter
what, then add -G (see man page for details).

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash(a)gmail.com